could you incubate goose eggs in a brinsea mini?

Moorat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
London, UK
was just wondering, after seeing the various eggs on ebay of different geese it got me thinking if 1 or 2 eggs would fit in my bator. I have the brinsea mini advance (turned eco if the eggs would actually fit) but was just wondering if anyone reckons you could actually fit a goose egg in there, and even if anyones tried to hatch them in the same bator :D also if it could fit would the size of the egg compared to incubator have an effect on the incubation of the egg such as maintaining the right inner temps n stuff.. I currently have just set 6 indian runner eggs yesterday, first time hatching in 2 years so wish me luck
fl.gif

Last edited:
hi there have only just seen your post and I was wondering if you gave the goose eggs a go and how it went?
also how did your runner eggs work out?

I just bought the Brinsea Mini Advance and have the same question! Did you ever try it? I really want to give it a try but I haven't seen anyone else's with that large of eggs and I don't want to waste a couple perfectly good eggs ya kno?

Bumping this to see if anyone has tried yet. I have loads of ducks and chickens but suddenly have the itch for a goose, that I would hatch out rather than buy.. but my only incubator is a Brinsea Mini Eco. It LOOKS to me like one or two would fit inside, but the Brinsea website says they will not. So, had anyone tried yet??

Bumping this to see if anyone has tried yet. I have loads of ducks and chickens but suddenly have the itch for a goose, that I would hatch out rather than buy.. but my only incubator is a Brinsea Mini Eco. It LOOKS to me like one or two would fit inside, but the Brinsea website says they will not. So, had anyone tried yet??
I tried it! I had someone kind enough to just give me a couple goose eggs for the price of shipping.
I only had 2, but I could have fit 3, making a little triangle around the center water reservoir. I do not have the humidity controlled version and if the shipping didn't kill the eggs, I think that might have been my problem. Obviously you have to hand turn them, and they sit REALLY close to the outside wall so I would make absolutely sure the incubator is tucked away from any AC or heater drafts so the temp stay really even.

Awesome! So there is hope yet! Thanks much kukupecpec! Sorry yours didn't make it.
sad.png
That's ok, the shipping was HORRIBLE - although they were packed well, the box showed up totally destroyed. I had 2 goose and7 duck eggs (incubated by a friend) and none hatched so I realy don't think itwas the incubator. If it works out for you, make sure to take LOTS of pictures and videos of the hatch!!!!! I would love to see!!! I think I will try again next spring too

Aw, darn!
Will do! I'd love to hatch some out before the end of the year, but can't find anyone with geese working overtime, so we might have to wait til next spring, as well. When/if it happens, though, I'll certainly post the fun stuff, for everyone else wondering the same thing! :)

I know this thread is old but I just hatched out two goose eggs in my brinsea mini advance incubator. Our goose kept laying eggs in the snow and -15 weather, and people kept stopping by the house asking what kind they were and if we ever had eggs or babies. I was going to give a couple of the really great people some babies.
All I did was turn them when I remembered always an odd number so 3-5x per day, kept temp at 99.6, sprayed them occasionally with the bottle I use for wetting my kids hair, and then after 25 days I quit turning and added some strips of paper towels into the water well that really upped the humidity. I've never hatched any egg so I think 2 hatching out of 2 eggs is pretty good. I made sure at day 25 I positioned the eggs so the slant of the air pocket was skinny on top and fat on bottom. I also let it cool for an hour every night. I'm pretty pleased with the entire thing although I just gave the geese away so yes it can work but you have to manually turn the eggs. I watched a youtube video on candling and could see the veins etc pretty fast but it's all new to me.
The eggs hatched around day 27-28 so they were kinda early but seem perfectly healthy :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom