Cheap incubator to use as a hatcher?

PhantomSlayer

Songster
Aug 22, 2022
Michigan
We bought an almost $80 incubator for goose eggs. We started 8 goose eggs but its day 13 and I'm almost certain out of the remaining 5 only 1 is good. Our goose Gizzy is still laying eggs so I'm thinking of getting a smaller cheap incubator to use as a hatcher for the 1 egg and use our bigger to to do her other eggs as she lays them. We have a family friend that said they would take 2 goslings but I don't feel right only giving one if it hatches.

I don't know what will happen with the smaller incubator after hatching the goslings so I would prefer something less than $50 preferably amazon as I have to ask my parents to order it.

Anyone have a suggestion on a cheap incubator that will work as a hatcher? Not to worried about it having auto turning. I just really don't want to build a DIY hatcher and have it be faulty or not work lol.

We bought an almost $80 incubator for goose eggs. We started 8 goose eggs but its day 13 and I'm almost certain out of the remaining 5 only 1 is good. Our goose Gizzy is still laying eggs so I'm thinking of getting a smaller cheap incubator to use as a hatcher for the 1 egg and use our bigger to to do her other eggs as she lays them. We have a family friend that said they would take 2 goslings but I don't feel right only giving one if it hatches.

I don't know what will happen with the smaller incubator after hatching the goslings so I would prefer something less than $50 preferably amazon as I have to ask my parents to order it.

Anyone have a suggestion on a cheap incubator that will work as a hatcher? Not to worried about it having auto turning. I just really don't want to build a DIY hatcher and have it be faulty or not work lol.
check out used kebonnix? mine was kida small, you may have to turn them if the goose eggs are too big, but i got a used one for 15 bucks and it works fine.

there may be some 2 egg incubators, but they are more like toys than real incubators and require a lot of attention to hatch anything.

If you check the reviews on the Kebonnix, one mentions pulling out the turner ring and turning them by hand. But then you're opening the incubator up three times or so a day so not sure that's a great idea either, but it apparently will work.

My question is when they hatch, I'd bet you can't leave them in there too long as their heads would probably be hitting the top.

If you check the reviews on the Kebonnix, one mentions pulling out the turner ring and turning them by hand. But then you're opening the incubator up three times or so a day so not sure that's a great idea either, but it apparently will work.

My question is when they hatch, I'd bet you can't leave them in there too long as their heads would probably be hitting the top.
this is true, the kebonnix doesnt have the best turner. Another thing id suggest is putting a thin kitchen mat on the bottom for grip.

I don't know but I used The Smart Incubator it holds I think 8 eggs I hatch 6 out of 6 eggs in it and paid 27 for it on Amazon. I had to do really nothing to it, it has a egg rotater also.

Back
Top Bottom