Sears,Roebuck & Co. Brooder

Pocket Money Poultry Farm

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 10, 2011
Matthews, IN
Bought this Sears, Roebuck & Co. Brooder (Model # 595) for $5.oo at an auction. I want to restore it back to working condition. The electrical wires have all been removed. I know nothing about it but I’m guessing that the light on the outside of the brooder was wired with the heating element to show that it was cycling on & off.

To my surprise the heating element works. It is controlled with a wafer thermostat but the wafer is missing. There is a light socket inside the brooder. Would there have been a light switch in the unknown hole that turns the inside light on & off?

If anyone has one of these brooders or any information about it, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share it with us. Thanks

I have the same one. I also got it st an auction. With a matching cabinet incubator. I don't think it uses a wafer. But I didn't look that close at it. Yours looks like it is in better shape then mine. You know they are close to 70 years old. I will look when I get home to see if it dose need a wafer.

Did you ever find an information source for the brooder? I have the same brand that I just picked up at an auction (though mine is hexagonal, and yours looks square). I haven't tested it yet (just got it today -- also for $5! :D), but am hopeful, since mine looks to be in pretty good shape.
1f60a.png
:fl

Did you ever find an information source for the brooder? I have the same brand that I just picked up at an auction (though mine is hexagonal, and yours looks square). I haven't tested it yet (just got it today -- also for $5! :D), but am hopeful, since mine looks to be in pretty good shape.
1f60a.png
:fl
I have a hexagonal one I used around 40 years ago. I'm now trying to put it together. I can't figure out how the heater and light bulb go in it. The heater works with a circle looking thermostat that turns. If you have a picture it would help. Can't find anything on it. Model number 595.92252. Sears, Roebuck and Co.-USA

Back
Top Bottom