Goats with mites/lice and lethargic PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what do you have at home? You could use:

~ poultry dust (Tractor Supply, or Southern States or any feed store)
~ Sevin dust (Home Depot or Lowes)
~ Zodiac lice / flea spray (found at PetSmart, or some Tractor Supply stores or Walmarts have them)
~ Rid (the human lice shampoo) - can be found at almost any market, so if it's late where you are you could find it probably at a Food Lion or market that is open later.

I would also give them a bit of the goat drench as a boost. You can google the homemade mixture which can be created at home.

I would definitely bring them in and give them a warm bath with the Rid probably to instantly kill them if they are ALL OVER, but don't put them back outside, you may need to keep them in the house for the night until they are completely dry. Don't risk chilling them. It's easier to cool down a warm kid than it is to bring up their temperature. I'd be worried that it would cause anemia quickly.

I hope they pull through!

I'm not sure what do you have at home? You could use:

~ poultry dust (Tractor Supply, or Southern States or any feed store)
~ Sevin dust (Home Depot or Lowes)
~ Zodiac lice / flea spray (found at PetSmart, or some Tractor Supply stores or Walmarts have them)
~ Rid (the human lice shampoo) - can be found at almost any market, so if it's late where you are you could find it probably at a Food Lion or market that is open later.

I would also give them a bit of the goat drench as a boost. You can google the homemade mixture which can be created at home.

I would definitely bring them in and give them a warm bath with the Rid probably to instantly kill them if they are ALL OVER, but don't put them back outside, you may need to keep them in the house for the night until they are completely dry. Don't risk chilling them. It's easier to cool down a warm kid than it is to bring up their temperature. I'd be worried that it would cause anemia quickly.

I hope they pull through!

Thanks! but we are worried the Rid can be a little too toxic to the goat.. :/

If she's that bad and it's a matter of treat her or loose her then I'd definitely do the Rid bath for sure. The infestation can kill her, I doubt the treatment will. Have they also been treated for intestinal worms?

Keep in mind that whatever treatment you use you will also need to treat their living quarters thoroughly and multiple times.

If she's that bad and it's a matter of treat her or loose her then I'd definitely do the Rid bath for sure. The infestation can kill her, I doubt the treatment will. Have they also been treated for intestinal worms?

Keep in mind that whatever treatment you use you will also need to treat their living quarters thoroughly and multiple times.

Okay, we have decided to use Rid, she is sooo bad and they need to come off. She has been treated for intestinal worms a few weeks ago. :)
We re going to be cleaning out their stalls every day now, bc this is just not working for them.
Thank you guys so much :)

Back
Top Bottom