Duck Eggs Prices

Last year, I sold 18 duck eggs for $8 to a guy who was allergic to chicken eggs and that worked for me. This year I think I am going to bump it down to $5 or $6. what breed of ducks do you have?

I'll be selling mine for $3 for 1/2 dozen. I think that is reasonable for fresh duck eggs. Fresh chicken eggs go for $3 a dozen. Duck eggs are larger and richer. Selling them in 6 packs makes sense to me since a lot of the people buying them from me will likely use them for baking. I think your answer is going to vary from location to location though. I live in California.

I only charge $3 a dozen. I might talk to the farm that buys my eggs for resale and see if I could start charging $2 per half dozen, though, after seeing what everyone else charges.

We are GA Certified Egg Candler's and sell our duck eggs at the farmer's market for $5.00/dz (Jumbo/XL) and $3.00/dz (Med. or Grade B). We were charging $6/dozen and dropped it because they don't make $6 bills. LOL. I'm terrible at math and $5 ea is MUCH easier for me to calculate. I can't keep enough in stock most times. Could probably go as high as $7/dz and still sell out. The regulars would complain, but I think they'd still pay it cuz duck eggs are ADDICTIVE! LOL

I only charge $3 a dozen. I might talk to the farm that buys my eggs for resale and see if I could start charging $2 per half dozen, though, after seeing what everyone else charges.
I think it's worth a shot. Prices often reflect how much we value our own product. I personally think duck eggs should sell at a higher cost than chicken eggs. They often cost more in feed, they are often more work to clean up after and they are not what we consider a staple. Chicken eggs are a staple. My ducks raised my water bill. My chickens will not have much affect on it. I think prices should also reflect our cost of doing business (just sound business sense). But if your price is at least slightly higher than a chicken egg- you are letting them consumer know by the price that duck eggs are not the same as chicken eggs that they are 'special'.

In my area I het $4 a dozen, but any new customers will now pay $5 since cost of feed has gone up twice this year already. I sell chicken for $3 a dozen which to my customers' joy is less than the "cage free" at the grocery store ($3.50+).

Back
Top Bottom