Does anyone else use Molly's Herbal Wormer on their chickens?

DuckyLou

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 29, 2012
East Texas
Hi! I have chosen to use Molly's Herbal De-Wormer on my entire animal population. I just got it in today and I know how to give it to everything BUT the chickens! I want to make sure I'm not wasting it, so I thought I would check on here to get your ideas on how you administer Molly's Herbal Wormer to your chickens!
(please do not reply if it is to discourage use of herbal wormers, Thanks!)

No one?? I find it hard to believe that out of all the members on here, no one uses this wormer on their chickens!

I haven't used this but am wondering how it worked. We had some type of worm, when we butchered, come out of one of the hens.

Thanks,
Rachel

There's got to be someone on here that uses it too! Maybe they just haven't seen the post yet! Do you know what kind of worm it was Rachel?

Well, hopefully I can help someone else who wants to use this natural de-wormer. This morning I mixed the powder wormer into a couple of different things that I know my chickens like. My chickens are super picky when it comes to table scraps, so I was having a hard time getting this wormer into them without wasting it. I realized that my chickens love the mixtures of feed I use for the pigs and horses. I feed my horses and pigs both beet pulp and black oil sunflower seeds, and the pigs get an 18% feed, the chickens looovve it! So I made a small concoction of the 18% feed, sunflower seeds, and the beet pulp. I soak the beet pulp so it's moist and this helped the powder wormer to stick to everything. I gave it to them this morning and they ate it, so I solved my own problem and hope this helps someone else.

Hi! I have chosen to use Molly's Herbal De-Wormer on my entire animal population. I just got it in today and I know how to give it to everything BUT the chickens! I want to make sure I'm not wasting it, so I thought I would check on here to get your ideas on how you administer Molly's Herbal Wormer to your chickens!
(please do not reply if it is to discourage use of herbal wormers, Thanks!)
what kind of herbs are in this wormer and where do you get it?

We are pretty sure that it's a roundworm; definitely not a tapeworm. I went and checked some feces outside and saw some eggs there, too; not on everyone's but on a couple. So some have enough to show in their poo and others do not. I've decided to give a (hopefully) one time treatment of Valbezen, followed by lots of probiotics and then I want to start the Molly's Herbal Wormer plus some other additions to their diet. I've read good things about it.

My chickens are extremely not picky, so it shouldn't be a problem giving it to them. I'm not interested in giving the Valbezen yearly-I want to stay away from the chemical stuff as much as is reasonably possible.

How many do you have and how much did you sprinkle for them all?

Rachel

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom