Chickens in Cumming, GA

cyprusms

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 2, 2013
Cumming GA
I can't seem to find the ordinances for Forsyth County. I live in Cumming, outside of the city on 2.5+ acres in a subdivision.

We are looking to start a backyard coop as part of our homeschool teachings for our daughters.

You can have chickens!!! My auntie lives in Cumming and her neighbors have 7 chickens and 1 rooster. She lives in a really nice neighborhood too (Timberland). I asked last time we were in GA and she said that she didn't have to fill out any forms at all, she just bought them from a breeder and has been kepping them there for over 6 years with no problems. Hope this helps! I am home schooled in Central Texas and just joined this website to find out more about chickens :)

Hi. I am running into a similar issue. We live in Cumming, but are under north forsyth county ordinances. We have 6 hens. I called forsyth city hall zoning and they've informed me that we are classified as CR-1 and cannot have them. She did say that they don't have people looking for them so if your neighbors don't complain you're in the clear. But it's still makes me very nervous. How can we have this changed!

Back
Top Bottom