City Issued a Citation and claims we aren’t allowed to have chickens due to neighbor’s complaint. What are my options?

Please don't do that, Ben. Do not lower yourself. Remember the Sermon on the Mount, and Whose you are. I know your standards. ❤️
Once you cross the "tit for tat" bridge, there is usually no going back unless/until one of you moves. That might be a long time.
Definitely won’t be taking it out on them😅.
Clearly there’s a reason they reported it and maybe to them it seems right to do it. And to be fair we were not in compliance with the ordinance so I can’t really be mad at them, they don’t understand the connection we have. And maybe it was with ill intent but that makes no difference I’m not going to start a war over that.

For now yes.
The fight isn’t over.

I asked the guy about one of the city council members who has been known for fighting the right to backyard chickens for people in our city. I asked if it is worth it to get in touch with him and he said yes. That’s our only chance right now. We can’t fight this any other way but to change the zoning laws.

I will be rehoming my chickens hopefully to relatives so that in the slight chance that we may be able to take them back again, we can do so without issues.

Seems like this is hopeless.

but I’m not giving up just yet. Still a little bit of faith left in me.
Exactly what I said. If it is the law the only thing you can do is change it.

We know a family who has gone a tad overboard from ordinance. They knew they were going to do so beforehand, so they went to the neighbors and asked them all if they would like fresh eggs. All the neighbors were apparently thrilled, and so far no one has complained.

I agree about trying to get the law changed.

Definitely won’t be taking it out on them😅.
Clearly there’s a reason they reported it and maybe to them it seems right to do it. And to be fair we were not in compliance with the ordinance so I can’t really be mad at them, they don’t understand the connection we have. And maybe it was with ill intent but that makes no difference I’m not going to start a war over that.
Drag Queen Singing GIF by Paramount+

Back
Top Bottom