Bellevue Nebraska Only a 300% increase in permit fees for a five year permit. $25 to $100 in less than 5 years!!!

Jun 6, 2018
Bellevue Nebraska
Hey everyone, thought i would pass along a little info about Bellevue Nebraska! I first had a permit issued almost five years ago, still active , expires on 7-19-2023.

Permit for 7 layer hens cost $25 for five years. Fast forward our illustrious City Council decided since backyard chickens have been so popular and people would like fresh eggs from their well cared for birds, they should raise our permit fees to $100 dollars for five years!!! Only a 300% increase. As a property owner and good standing person in this community and TAX PAYER does this sound fair??? First off why is there even an ordinance to ALLOW me to own chickens?
I own the property and I have property rights that are not granted by the city. All you people out there need to help each other out and speak to our city councils about this. I have been wondering if there are attorneys out there that have chickens could help us fight these ridiculous ordinances placed on us, when it isn't necessary. Also if my rate increased 300% should i also be able to increase my flock by that same percentage? I have four lots of property where my house sits.
I care for my chickens super duper good, they are spoiled and can live their entire lives out here, even after they quit laying eggs.! Well thanks to reading my post here, we need to stick together in this chicken community or they will rough shod over us with their rules!!!

Jim M.

Hey everyone, thought i would pass along a little info about Bellevue Nebraska! I first had a permit issued almost five years ago, still active , expires on 7-19-2023.

Permit for 7 layer hens cost $25 for five years. Fast forward our illustrious City Council decided since backyard chickens have been so popular and people would like fresh eggs from their well cared for birds, they should raise our permit fees to $100 dollars for five years!!! Only a 300% increase. As a property owner and good standing person in this community and TAX PAYER does this sound fair??? First off why is there even an ordinance to ALLOW me to own chickens?
I own the property and I have property rights that are not granted by the city. All you people out there need to help each other out and speak to our city councils about this. I have been wondering if there are attorneys out there that have chickens could help us fight these ridiculous ordinances placed on us, when it isn't necessary. Also if my rate increased 300% should i also be able to increase my flock by that same percentage? I have four lots of property where my house sits.
I care for my chickens super duper good, they are spoiled and can live their entire lives out here, even after they quit laying eggs.! Well thanks to reading my post here, we need to stick together in this chicken community or they will rough shod over us with their rules!!!

Jim M.
Like my small town I left in FL. They may just want to be rid of chickens. The city manager made it her mission to rid the city of chickens. Some people are just evil.

That's ridiculous. I understand ordinances, and the $25 for five years sounds fair, but $100? Why don't they just change it to no chickens at all for that price? Or lower the limit? I suggest getting a petition with enough signatures and see if your town can vote on it instead.

Back
Top Bottom