Any Attorneys out there that Own and Raise Chickens in Bellevue Nebraska?

Jun 6, 2018
Bellevue Nebraska
Any Attorneys that have backyard chickens in Bellevue Nebraska? We need your help about raising permit fees 300% from when permits were first granted at $25 per 5 years. Then raised to $100 in less than 5 years when I first had a permit issued. I feel these planning department people make rules up about chickens without understanding how chickens work and live together. Code enforcement also likes to harass people with chickens, almost like predators that I have to guard against hawks , raccoons and the like, the worst are human predators that came in the middle of the night and stole my pet chickens. My heart and my little girls were broken by this.! City doesn't care just pay them the permit fee. I need my chickens as my companions , friends and egg layers. They make my day as they come and greet me at the gate. Some like to jump up on my lap as i sit in a chair and be petted, they help me unwind from a stressful day. Shame on You Bellevue CITY Council NEBRASKA.

Jim M.

Any Attorneys that have backyard chickens in Bellevue Nebraska? We need your help about raising permit fees 300% from when permits were first granted at $25 per 5 years. Then raised to $100 in less than 5 years when I first had a permit issued. I feel these planning department people make rules up about chickens without understanding how chickens work and live together. Code enforcement also likes to harass people with chickens, almost like predators that I have to guard against hawks , raccoons and the like, the worst are human predators that came in the middle of the night and stole my pet chickens. My heart and my little girls were broken by this.! City doesn't care just pay them the permit fee. I need my chickens as my companions , friends and egg layers. They make my day as they come and greet me at the gate. Some like to jump up on my lap as i sit in a chair and be petted, they help me unwind from a stressful day. Shame on You Bellevue CITY Council NEBRASKA.

Jim M.

My best suggestion is to make your voice heard at your local government meetings. If there is one or two voices, they do listen. It's just if nobody shows up, they tend to go ahead and do whatever pops into their minds.

Be polite and courteous. Acknowledge their hard work. Don't make enemies. Make friends.

Back
Top Bottom