Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

CoopDeDoo

Songster
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
NW Washington State
I will be setting Ameraucana, Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks and BBS Jersey giant eggs this Saturday. My first ever hatch so I'm hoping for some company
frow.gif

Lori

I'll jump in too! I already have 5 goose eggs in, but I'm setting 39 Swedish Flower Hen eggs this afternoon. These are my first hatches ever, too - so I'm excited!!

I'll jump in too! I already have 5 goose eggs in, but I'm setting 39 Swedish Flower Hen eggs this afternoon. These are my first hatches ever, too - so I'm excited!!

I was about to say 39 eggs - yikes but I think I will be setting about that many! How did that happen when I only want 6 hens??
hide.gif

Well, the kicker is I only bought 18. That was the plan. But the breeder I got them from has eggs running out of her ears and she doesn't want them wasted - so i paid for 18, but got 39! Who am I to turn down such generosity?!?... :)

Hi All
i set my first Silkie eggs from my paint silkies and some EE eggs Went to turn tonite and theres a stinker have to smell each and get the bad one out.
This is my first hatch since last June ...C ouldnt wait!My Silkies are all paints but dont know their backgrounds so excited to see what i get.
..For those that its your very first hatch let me tell you its as addicting as heroin
Really hard to stop because its so exciting ..especially the last few days
Good luck to you all Hope you get some little fuzzy babies in the end but do or dont its a wild trip.

Hi! May I join? I set eggs this morning. It's my first hatch too! I have 12 EE and 12 barn yard mix (Golden sex link rooster with golden sex link hen, barred rock hen and naked neck hen. Can't wait to see what these babies look like!). The kids and I are so excited! Here's to hoping I don't kill them!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom