Quail Sweeties Hatch Along!

I’ll take 2 and 24 please :D Panna Cotta, and Honey.

Some other good names for people to choose are
Twix, Mochi, Oreo, Caramel, Sherbet/Sorbet, Merengue, Toffee, Cocoa, Marshmallow/Mallow, Churro, Ginger/bread, Twinkie, Peppermint, Waffles (kind of), Chocolate Chip/Chip, S’mores, Snickerdoodle, Sundae, Truffle, Sprinkles, Toblerone, and Snickers

And then I don’t know if these are allowed Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Butters, Biscuit, Pumpkin, Muffin
I love the name suggestions! We already have a hens named Cinnamon and Vanilla Bean, so spice-y names work too c:

24 is already taken!

Good morning Quail eggies! We need you to keep growing!!

Growing Amazon GIF by amaliavornicu

#22 - Hedgehog

We eat those here!

What’s hedgehog slice?​

Hedgehog slice is one of Australia’s most popular sweet treats. It’s very similar to chocolate fridge cake or Tiffin in the UK.

I know what you’re thinking. I’m not sure I’m interested in a sweet treat named after an animal – a prickly one at that.

In fact it’s more than a little baffling why this is called a hedge hog slice at all, since hedgehogs aren’t even found in Australia. Maybe the inside very slightly resembles the bristles of a hedgehog? Or maybe not. But you have to admit it’s a cute name for a yummy sweet treat!

View attachment 3809960
How to make it!
Those looks so good 👍 I would like to make them . 😋

So, I candled eggs a day or two ago and 36 out of 50 were developing!
View attachment 3809867

Claim an egg number and choose a name for the chick! I might be at work when these hatch, so no guarantees I'll accurately name the chicks, but I *will* be using all names from eggs that hatch.

Please name these babies based on sweets! My covey all have sweets-themed names c: I'll list them - please do NOT pick one of these names: Pudding, Mousse, Flan, Tiramisu, Dixie (the sugar brand), Debbie (snack cakes), Tiramisu, Vanilla Bean, Sugar, Butterscotch, Blondie, Brownie, Cinnamon, Choco, Cookie, Tidbit.

1. (Celadon)
2. (Celadon)
3. (Celadon)
4. (Celadon)
5. Gumdrop - Antiocheggers
8. Custard - GreenJay
9. Taza - 2ndTink
10. Fudge - TwoCrows
11. Cupcake - GirlsHuntToo
13. *** - Wrathsfarm
15. *** - Fluffycrow
18. Marzipan - Chive
22. Hedgehog - Nym
35. (I...dropped and cracked this egg just today
😱. We put a bit of tape and oil on it to try to save it.)
36. (Celadon)
Oh my gosh that is so funny because one of my chickens is named little debbie after the desserts brand too 😆

Back
Top Bottom