Meat or no meat ...

jennyg

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Haleiwa, HI
So I am new having Chickens, never thought about this before... yes or no meat?
I think chicken for chicken is kind of cruel, no offense to anyone just my opinion.
But need more input aboyt meats

I feed my girls meat a few times a week. Mostly scraps and stuff I don't feed my dogs, since they eat raw. Today the girls got a couple turkey thigh bones I'd scraped most of the meat off for the dogs. They went to town picking them clean.

I feed ground meat daily. About a small cottage cheese carton full. 19 layers. We freeze butchering scraps after we grind it.

Carol

Last edited:
Whatever is culled from the fridge they get. Chickens are omnivores so eat any of our old leftovers even chicken dishes.

I feed all meat too. However, I just offered my Cornish X who eat anything some raw liver--they won't touch it! They ate it diced up in scrambled eggs a few days ago but it was cooked.

In the real world iwhen a chicken dies the other chickens eat it so I don't see anything cruel about it. Wasting all those little pieces of meat left on the bones after we eat a chicken dinner is a shame when I have hungry animals that will enjoy it.

In the real world iwhen a chicken dies the other chickens eat it so I don't see anything cruel about it. Wasting all those little pieces of meat left on the bones after we eat a chicken dinner is a shame when I have hungry animals that will enjoy it.
I so totally agree. Nothing can pick a whole chicken carcass like a flock of chickens!

Back
Top Bottom