What meats can I feed my chickens?

Nov 6, 2023
My chickens get a lot of scraps. I like to give them leftovers that we don't eat. But what abought spaghetti, or a meat soup? What meats are safe to feed chickens? Another question how long it is safe to let the scraps sit out on the counter in my scrap bucket before feeding it to the chickens I like to feed them scraps at a certain time of day.
Thanks.:D

My chickens get a lot of scraps. I like to give them leftovers that we don't eat. But what abought spaghetti, or a meat soup? What meats are safe to feed chickens? Another question how long it is safe to let the scraps sit out on the counter in my scrap bucket before feeding it to the chickens I like to feed them scraps at a certain time of day.
Thanks.:D
Chickens have very strong digestive systems, not saying you should, but I’ve caught mine eating rotten mice before! As for meat, I can’t think of any that would be harmful, maybe heavily seasoned or salted meats, but most will be fine in moderation.

What meats are safe to feed chickens?
All meats are safe for chickens (exception: if someone put poison on the meat, or maybe if it is rotten. But that exception would be true for all other foods too, and is not likely to be found in your kitchen.)

Another question how long it is safe to let the scraps sit out on the counter in my scrap bucket before feeding it to the chickens I like to feed them scraps at a certain time of day.
Feeding scraps once a day should be fine. I can't think of any foods that would spoil enough to matter to a chicken in less than 24 hours.

what about chicken?:sick
They do not mind eating chicken. They do even not mind eating chicken from live, injured flockmates (peacking/cannibalism).

Whether to feed them table scraps that include chicken meat is up to you. Some people are bothered by the idea, some not. If the meat is cooked, it is not likely to expose them to any diseases. If it came from one of their own flockmates, it is even less likely to expose them to any new disease (since they were already living together).

Back
Top Bottom