Swedish Flower Hens?

Sunny Flowers

Chirping
Jul 28, 2014

I bought these chicks as Swedish Flower Hens. 8 weeks has interesting barring on her wings I think. 2 weeks and 1 week old look and act like the same breed. Are they SFH? Or?

Those are some seriously cute chicks! Hope you find out for sure what they are, I'd like to know too.

From what I read on the SFH thread they can NEVER (their caps) have barring.
welcome-byc.gif

That may be true, but as none of the chicks you've shown are barred, it's kind of a moot point.

welcome-byc.gif

That may be true, but as none of the chicks you've shown are barred, it's kind of a moot point.

Thank you donrae!

I'm very new to chickens and knowing that barring is defined with white helps.

Here's the back story. I have SFH's. Wanted to add to my flock and diversify so I bought five chicks from a different breeder. I lost one to an infected yolk sac (necropsy by UC Davis). The top girl had a crooked toe, the breeder held her and put her in my carrier. My local breeder said she looks SFH mix. The other two in the pics are growing much faster than my remaining SFH chick. They are loud, constantly noisy, shriek and run from my hand. The breeder says she was only hatching SFH, EO Basque and Cream Legbars. Only offers "chick credits" and is quite a drive so they will be staying here:)

I joined byc to get some advice about their potential breed(s).

Back
Top Bottom