Really overdue peacock egg?

mtgrl

Chirping
5 Years
May 12, 2014
Montana
I had 11 peafowl eggs in the incubator, have been candling them, but it looks like only one developed. I was keeping an eye on this one and the embryo was growing, could see the blood vessels, but no movement. If peachicks are due to hatch in 28-30 days, then this egg is now 4-6 days overdue. Still no movement or peeping or anything. I did a float test, and there was no movement. So I candled it, thinking it was dead, but I can still see the blood vessels. No movement, no internal pip. But there's definite blood vessels running through it. If it was dead, the blood vessels should be gone, right? Why's it taking so long to hatch? There have been lots of temp fluctuations, but I figured the mishaps with spikes in temperature would counteract the cooling periods of the power outages
tongue.png
I'm just waiting it out and letting it hatch when it's ready, but is there anything to be concerned about with an overdue egg? Like, is there a point when you should try helping it out? I wouldn't think so since if it's not internally pipped it's really not ready yet. I wanted to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom