Incubator internal temperature inconsistencies....Help!

Purpletie3

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Upstate NY...
Hi~
I am on my first hatch with a HovaBator Model 2362N~ Circulated air model. I have 4 different thermometers in there and all have different reads. There are two of the same and they are close...within a couple degrees and a couple %humidity....the other two are way off~ Like 92 compared to 100.

I have filled two canning jars and have them set inside as of 23 hours ago. It seems to be hotter right under the element. Is there a way to get the whole unit to stabilize in temp??? Or maybe the thermometers just suck....

Right now, I have concentrated all the eggs are in the area where the 100 degrees and 48% humidity. ( I am monitoring the temp/humid hourly and logging it) It's been stable for the eggs thus far.

Any ideas Veteran hatchers?

Thanks~
Christina

I like to use at least 2 thermometers too so I know if the temp is too far off. I would ignore the one that is reading 92 if two others are pretty close to the temp you think you have going.

As long as you can maintain a temp around 99.5 It can vary a bit lower than this. The hatch will just be delayed.

Do you have your vents open? This will help to circulate the air better. It also takes about 24 hours for the incubator to fully stabilize.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, there are only two vents at the top with plugs and I have had them pulled since yesterday. There are some facing the bottom and are open all the time.

The temperature has been stable since about 7 am this morning...I did remove all the water in the bottom to reduce the humidity from 60%. But, I have a real cruddy rainy 50 degree day here in Central New York!

I also went and purchased yet another thermometer. I think they make a lot of crapt now because almost every one on the rack had a different temperature reading. ( I opted for the more expensive unit that I pray is more reliable!) Crossing my fingers as I have put the eggs in...

I like to use at least 2 thermometers too so I know if the temp is too far off. I would ignore the one that is reading 92 if two others are pretty close to the temp you think you have going.

As long as you can maintain a temp around 99.5 It can vary a bit lower than this. The hatch will just be delayed.

Do you have your vents open? This will help to circulate the air better. It also takes about 24 hours for the incubator to fully stabilize.

Thanks for the reply....The 92 reading thermometer that came with my Hovabator is history. The new one is working great and even reads to the tenth of a degree. Eggs are Day 3....

Back
Top Bottom