Incubator Temp Fluxuation After Adding Eggs

TheCelloHatcher

In the Brooder
Dec 28, 2022
Hello all,

I have a Farm Innovators 4250 styro incubator. It's worked great twice now and I like it. I started a batch of eggs today and the temperature started fluctuating like crazy. I've had it on for about 5 days now, and the biggest difference I've seen is about 1.5° F in opposite corners of the incubator. I know one corner is always colder and did not place any eggs here.

Once I added the eggs, I gave the incubator about 2 hours to stabilize again. I have 5 thermometers placed throughout the incubator and they are all reading drastically different temps, with the lowest being 89.7° F and the highest being 103.4° F.

The incubator is on a table near two curtained windows where the temperature stays pretty steady throughout the day, and there aren't any big drafts.

What should I do to stabilize the temp throughout the incubator?

Hello all,

I have a Farm Innovators 4250 styro incubator. It's worked great twice now and I like it. I started a batch of eggs today and the temperature started fluctuating like crazy. I've had it on for about 5 days now, and the biggest difference I've seen is about 1.5° F in opposite corners of the incubator. I know one corner is always colder and did not place any eggs here.

Once I added the eggs, I gave the incubator about 2 hours to stabilize again. I have 5 thermometers placed throughout the incubator and they are all reading drastically different temps, with the lowest being 89.7° F and the highest being 103.4° F.

The incubator is on a table near two curtained windows where the temperature stays pretty steady throughout the day, and there aren't any big drafts.

What should I do to stabilize the temp throughout the incubator?
Hello is fan on incubator running?

Depending on temp of eggs added it can take longer than 2 hours for eggs to come to full temp and let incubator fully stabilize.
I figured it would, but I am a little worried about the eggs that are at 103°. I know lower temps will likely just extend incubation time, but I don't want to fry the eggs day 1.

I figured it would, but I am a little worried about the eggs that are at 103°. I know lower temps will likely just extend incubation time, but I don't want to fry the eggs day 1.
Does your model have the hanging temp sensor. If so, try moving it as close to hot spot as you can. And make sure it isn't touching an egg.

Back
Top Bottom