Breed help?

pickledpenny

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 6, 2014
South California
I know they're still young, but wondering if the breeds I was told are looking correct. Came from a hobby breeder and are supposed to be purebred.

Four weeks old, supposed to be ameracaunas. Have dark legs, tails sit more upright, pea combs, cheeks were puffy as chicks, but they're kinda losing the puffs at the moment while feathers are coming in.

Gold laced Wyandotte 4 weeks, rose comb

Mystery babies, supposedly pure of some kind. Came from a different person who got them elsewhere haha. Much smaller than the above babies but 3.5 weeks.

Two of these, but identical so only showing one

Feathered legs

I think that the breeder was right. You do appear to have Ameraucanas and a Golden Laced Wyandotte.

I'm not completely sure on the breeds of the other chicks. However, I think that the second mystery chick could be a Golden Laced Cochin.

I know they're still young, but wondering if the breeds I was told are looking correct. Came from a hobby breeder and are supposed to be purebred.

Four weeks old, supposed to be ameracaunas. Have dark legs, tails sit more upright, pea combs, cheeks were puffy as chicks, but they're kinda losing the puffs at the moment while feathers are coming in.

Yes, these two birds appear to be purebred Ameraucanas.

Gold laced Wyandotte 4 weeks, rose comb
Golden Laced Wyandotte.

Mystery babies, supposedly pure of some kind. Came from a different person who got them elsewhere haha. Much smaller than the above babies but 3.5 weeks.

Two of these, but identical so only showing one
Could be a Partridge Rock, but not 100% sure. At lot of breeds and mixed breeds have that color pattern.

Feathered legs
Buff Brahma or Golden Laced Cochin. What type of comb does it have?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom