HHD incubator help

Pics

SaraETE

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 8, 2013
Hello. I was given an HHD egg incubator from a friend. I read all the instructions and monitored the temp and humidity for 3 days with minimal fluctuations. I decided it was time to put the eggs in. The temp at this time will not go over 95degrees. I have 3 DIFFERENT thermometers in there and they are all reading the same so I believe them to be correct. The incubator will not go any higher. It won't budge. I'm not sure what to do now. If the temp does not go up to the 100 degree mark...what should I do? Any help is welcome! Many thanks!

Hi :welcome

Glad you joined the flock. How long have your eggs been in the incubator? Sometimes when you first set your eggs it takes time for the incubator to come up to the correct temp as the eggs will be cooler than the incubator. Once the eggs have been in a while and warmed through hopefully it should even out and hold steady at the temp you require. So my advice would be to leave it a while to settle down. Good luck with your eggs :frow

Thank you! They have been in for almost 48 hrs. I have been watching and it seems to have stabilized with a few minor adjustments! I'm not so worried anymore! Thanks for taking the time to post! I will be following all the forums and cannot wait to successfully hatch some chicks!

I also purchased an HHD Incubator used from Craigslist. Everything seems to work fine, but I need to adjust hatch days, hours, and temp setting and CANNOT figure the digital protocol. No owner's manual was included. Can you help. I can send a photo if you like, but it's the 96 egg incubator to two auto-tilting racks, clear sides, yellow racks, and yellow top with "Days, Hours, Temp, and Humidity LED's.

Scott

I just got a new HHD incabator too, It said to fill both water channels at 18 days, so I just filled one water channel. I will see how the humidity checks out. I need help too Lynda

Hello, I'm Tony from HHD.
The incubator will need water all the time when hatching, usually water add each 2days. and in Day 18 hatcher period. will need high humidity(65~79%) for chicks break up, better make sure all two water channel are full of water to keep the humidity.
Most HHD mini incubator with water bottle for water add from outside.
Enjoy hatching!!

Back
Top Bottom