New member from Oklahoma........

Titanpaul726

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 28, 2014
Meeker Oklahoma
What a great site!

I just started the process of building my chicken house/run. I'm planning on 20-25 hens and a rooster or two. I'm not real sure what I'm doing on all of this but that's why I came to Backyard Chickens.com! I look forward to any advice you guys can give me.

Have you visited the Learning Center? It's a great place to start. I'm not sure what advice you are seeking. Information on coop building OR what to do with 20-25 chickens?

We have a great coops section if you need info on building or necessary features. I'm guessing with 20-25 hens you plan to have an egg business, or you just like a colorful assortment.

If you could be specific, we could tailor responses to fit your needs. At any rate - Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

For plenty of information on chicken raising, I would check out the Learning Center: Learning Center Articles
You can also take a look at the coop page: Coop Designs

As you'll find, chicken keeping can be a bit daunting at first, but is actually rather straightforward. Read up on breeds, feeding, watering, housing, and predator protection, and you should be pretty well prepared.

Feel free to ask any questions that you have! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join us. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preference?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! Definitely stop by our learning center. BantamLover has left you with the link. Lots of good articles on space requirements, keeping your flock safe from predators, feeding and general care of your flock.

Great to have you aboard and we do welcome you to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom