Rabbit breeding and showing?

lexiredhead

Songster
9 Years
Sep 28, 2014
hi! So I would like to get three Creme D'Argent rabbits. I would like to breed them - could you please give me some pros and cons- is this a good idea? I would also want to show these rabbits is this a good idea? thank you so much! What's the best breed of rabbits? Thank you so much!

well, i raise rabbits but haven't shown yet.I raise new zealands, harlequins, and dutches. I hope to get some angora's and english lops in the spring.

If it is a good idea or not depends on the reason you want to breed. If you want to make money, then no, you probably won't make money. If you are doing it cause you love rabbit, then i would do it! rabbits are fun to breed and keep.

Best breed all depends on what you want them for and your personal preference. Go with something you love. If you want meat rabbits i would go with Californian rabbits or new zealand's. If your short on space, get a smaller breed.

Also make sure you keep the male separate from the females or you will have too may litters, and your does will get worn out while they are still pretty young.

Good luck!! Rabbit breeding is a fun and rewarding project. :)

Here are few of mine...i really need to get some more pictures of my herd

Here are 2 does, harliquin in front, dutch in back

Here is my favorite Harlequin buck
New zealand white doe

New zealand white buck
Baby dutch rabbit

Dutch buck

More baby dutch rabbits (one was injured and that is why his leg is red...he didn't live. :(

I have a lot more rabbits, but the pictures ain't on this computer, or i don't have pictures. :)

Awwww! They are so cute!!! I am sorry about your baby bunny(the one in the last picture) I am thinking i want either Creme D'argent or holland lop or both! Haha! So your favorite rabbit is a harlequin, do they have good personalities? Thank you!

Awwww! They are so cute!!! I am sorry about your baby bunny(the one in the last picture) I am thinking i want either Creme D'argent or holland lop or both! Haha! So your favorite rabbit is a harlequin, do they have good personalities? Thank you!
Thanks :) Yeah, it was sad. I don't have any experience with Creme D'argent, but they are really good looking rabbits! And i LOVE Holland lops, they are cute. They do. Though if you want to show, i wouldn't get them. To show, thier coloring has to be in a certain pattern, and like less than 10 out of every hundred are suitable for show. I raise mine cause i really like the breed. I sell them as pets mostly :) Your welcome.
If you breed rabbits does it take the trust between you and the rabbit away?
Do you mean, like do they like you less because you are having them have babies or something? If so, it depends on the rabbit. The dudes with love you for bringing them a girl. Most of my girls still like me too, though maybe not when i am making them be in the bucks cage :) I have had a few girls who would hold a grudge and really hate me after i put them in the buck cage, but they were nasty to begin with. The dutch doe in the first pic is like that. She only likes me when i bring food or treats, anytime else, i am the enemy. :p

Just make sure the does are nice to begin with, and you won't have a problem. And the buck. Breeding is so much easier if they are tame.

Back
Top Bottom