Ivomec Plus (with Clorsulon) - Dosage

Windy Bay Farm

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am going to use Ivomec Plus to treat my chickens for mites. I believe some may also have lice, but I'm told that most poultry lice isn't the sucking kind, so ivomec won't work. I am wondering what dosage to use for large poultry and bantam poultry as well. Is it 1 mL on the base of the back of the neck (poured directly on the skin) for large poultry and 1/2 mL for bantam size ? Also, I was planning to treat a second time after 7 days from the first dose, is this ok ? Is their an egg withdrawal time ?

I am going to use Ivomec Plus to treat my chickens for mites. I believe some may also have lice, but I'm told that most poultry lice isn't the sucking kind, so ivomec won't work. I am wondering what dosage to use for large poultry and bantam poultry as well. Is it 1 mL on the base of the back of the neck (poured directly on the skin) for large poultry and 1/2 mL for bantam size ? Also, I was planning to treat a second time after 7 days from the first dose, is this ok ? Is their an egg withdrawal time ?

If I'm not mistaken, Ivomec Plus is an injectable and would be ineffective if used topically. You need Ivermectin Pour On which can be used directly on the skin. It is quickly absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream. Dosage for large fowl is 5 drops on bare skin on the back of the neck, 2-3 drops on bare skin on the back of the neck for bantams. Repeat again in 10 days. Normally there's a 14 day withdrawal period after the last dosing. Of course you could use Eprinex which has no withdrawal period. Dosage for Eprinex is 1/2ml on bare skin on the back of the neck for large birds, 1/4ml on bare skin on the back of the neck for bantams. Eprinex is a bit more expensive than Ivermectin Pour On. Eprinex is clear in color and is a little thicker than Ivermectin Pour On and takes a second or two longer to absorb through the skin.
I dont recommend neither of these products be used as wormers in poultry, as poultry worms have built resistance to both due to their over use as miteacides in poultry. For worming, I recommend valbazen and/or safeguard.
Keep in mind that you have to treat inside the hen house for lice/mites as well; including roosts and nests. Poultry dust or sevin dust will work.

Last edited:
Thank you, Dawg ... So I should return the Ivomec Plus, even though it still has the 1% ivermectin as does the regular Ivomec, and get the regular Ivomec as it can be used as a pour-on on the base of the neck, correct ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom