Supposedly point of lay araucana with NO comb or wattle

XxMingirlxX

Songster
9 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Lancashire, England
Hi
Recently I got an Lavender Rumpless Araucana for the blue eggs, i was told that she was point of lay and old enough to go in with my existing flock. She has been here three weeks and today I noticed that not only is her comb not red, she doesn't have one to begin with! I'm baffled so now I want to know, is this really an araucana, how old she is and why she doesn't have any comb.
Thanks for all the great help I know ill receive.
Photos.

Are you in the United States or the UK/Australia/other country? If you're in the United States, your bird is not a purebred Araucana. Otherwise, she is probably purebred. I agree with you that she doesn't quite look point of lay yet.

Are you in the United States or the UK/Australia/other country? If you're in the United States, your bird is not a purebred Araucana. Otherwise, she is probably purebred. I agree with you that she doesn't quite look point of lay yet.

I'm in the north west of England, I trust the place I got her from, it's the only place in a hundred miles that does quality chickens however I have never seen a chicken before whatsoever with no comb and they have thousands of chickens so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mix up. Next to my white stars comb (who you can kind of see in the first photo) it's hilarious!:cd
Any suggestions would be amazing.

Last edited:
Sigh, I really want the new girls to get started laying so any help would be great. My usual great layer is molting, my ex battery is having a break because of darker hours so I don't get eggs most days.
I WILL NOT GO TO STOREBOUGHT

Since you are in the UK, she appears to be a purebred Ara, however Ara's don't really grow wattles due to them having a beard. They also have pea combs, so won't grow an extravagant comb like a Leghorn would,

See my Araucana

Compared to my Speckled Sussex

I'd also hazard a guess your pullet is a couple of months off laying.

Since you are in the UK, she appears to be a purebred Ara, however Ara's don't really grow wattles due to them having a beard. They also have pea combs, so won't grow an extravagant comb like a Leghorn would, See my Araucana Compared to my Speckled Sussex I'd also hazard a guess your pullet is a couple of months off laying.
Thanks! She's supposed to be twenty weeks, I have never have Araucanas before so was just curious why she had no comb what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom