Help, is this a stuck egg?

Wifrog25

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 16, 2014
NC
This is one of our magpie hens. We have been doing an Epsom salt warm bath every day for the last week. Also we have been trying to get olive oil in the vent. Any help/suggestions are appreciated. Still new to having ducks and we can't seem to find much info on this.]

I would get to a vet if at all possible, add calcium to her diet either with 50 mg of dissolved calcium citrate (this is something I am trying on my own), or a teaspoon of calcium gluconate liquid in a couple tablespoons of her favorite treat, at least once daily.

Let her swim for half an hour to an hour in a lukewarm tub, see if that helps.

It could be a stuck egg, it could be a growth.

Thanks for the reply. I did have an appt tomorrow for her but we lost her today.:(we think this all happened last week when an opossum got into the yard. We didn't see any external injury on her but the next day she was separated from the flock and not social. At least now we have a vet that can take cate of any future problems.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I did have an appt tomorrow for her but we lost her today.:(we think this all happened last week when an opossum got into the yard. We didn't see any external injury on her but the next day she was separated from the flock and not social. At least now we have a vet that can take cate of any future problems.
Wow! I am really sorry to hear that she passed away. There must have been something going on inside. Maybe a disease from the opossum.
sad.png
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom