Beautiful white bearded silkie. Hen just started laying. Possible SQ

ronkonkoma

Crowing
7 Years
May 4, 2014
Long Island NY
I got Marshmallow aka Marsha from Tonya Morris as a chick. I've had her about a year. My other 2 recently died. Vet thinks they got into something toxic in the yard. Marsha has been separated indoors for a couple weeks and seems fine, still laying, eating and drinking. Seems lonely. I'm afraid to put her outside if there's something toxic out there so decided it would be best to rehome her. I'd prefer she goes to another home with silkies.

Last edited:
ah thats so sad sorry to hear that happened. I would take in the sweet girl but i live so far away im sure that would be difficult, there is probably a thread for your state that i bet you can post in and someone would help for sure.

Oh, she is a cutie! I have a black bearded cockerel, five months old, and I am getting a splash pair in February. I have other chickens but currently only one silkie. He does not get along with everyone else at all. He still has yet to crow or show girls any interest. His other silkie friends were killed by my dog when they were chicks, so now he is very lonely. Would you ship?

EDIT: Do not worry, I found a new home for the dog.

Last edited:
I got Marshmallow aka Marsha from Tonya Morris as a chick. I've had her about a year. My other 2 recently died. Vet thinks they got into something toxic in the yard. Marsha has been separated indoors for a couple weeks and seems fine, still laying, eating and drinking. Seems lonely. I'm afraid to put her outside if there's something toxic out there so decided it would be best to rehome her. I'd prefer she goes to another home with silkies.
where are you located ?

I've been looking for another silkie hen to add to my silkie flock of three hens and one rooster. The only problem is that I'm in PA. Try listing on your local craigslist. I've found it is very useful for finding good homes.

Back
Top Bottom