Turkey Hunting Season

Nivek

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 22, 2014
Turkey hunting is a pretty big thing in my area and my turkeys are colored pretty similar to the wild turkeys. Do they make blaze orange turkey collars or something that I can put on my birds so hunters know my birds are domestic when they wander around the woods? Dunno if ankle zip ties would be obvious enough.

They wouldn't be obvious enough. When I was a kid, a hunter shot a horse out from under a game warden thinking it was a deer. Two guys were the first to check their deer in at the ranger station near our farm. They were so proud, opened their trunk and had 2 goats in there.

I'd pen them up during season and they may still have a target on them.

They wouldn't be obvious enough. When I was a kid, a hunter shot a horse out from under a game warden thinking it was a deer. Two guys were the first to check their deer in at the ranger station near our farm. They were so proud, opened their trunk and had 2 goats in there.

I'd pen them up during season and they may still have a target on them.

I would be wondering about the blood alcohol level on those hunters. I hate hearing stories like that because many begin to think such blunders are typical of hunters.

There is always ignorance in every group.
I heard of a story from a Honda dealer that had to replace some parts to a mans quad that took two rife shots from a moose hunter.
The man was sitting on the quad at the time it was shot and the quad was the colour red.

Turkey hunting is a pretty big thing in my area and my turkeys are colored pretty similar to the wild turkeys. Do they make blaze orange turkey collars or something that I can put on my birds so hunters know my birds are domestic when they wander around the woods? Dunno if ankle zip ties would be obvious enough.

Post your property. Maybe spray paint your turkeys with a little bit of orange?
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom