My goofy turkeys

Kentucky Fan

Chirping
Dec 1, 2023
East Kentucky
I just love these critters they are a joy to have around. I obviously like watching the chickens do their thing when they are free ranging but the turkeys are something else.

IMG_2237.jpeg

My two goofy boys following me into to woods while I was clearing a trail through some brush. This was some pretty gnarly stuff and they just casually walked right through it.

IMG_2235.jpeg

Here’s a shot once they found a sunny spot while I was cutting trees down.

IMG_2227.jpeg

This is my hen trying to decide whether to jump on the tractor with me. I’d say if I tried to teach her how she 100% would do it I’m just scared she’ll fall off. She is very loving but doesn’t follow me like the boys do. She just kind of acts like the lead hen if I’m honest the chickens have their pecking order but she wins overall lol.

IMG_2220.jpeg

Lastly here is a picture of my two year old loving on his buddy.

All in all I never thought I’d actually get attached to a livestock animal the way I have with these turkeys. They are really wonderful creatures even though the two boys can be big lovable idiots.

I thought the same way when I first got turkeys. I have two girls and they are just like dogs. They love being near people and whatever you are doing they have to get involved in. When they were chicks they cried for me half the night, I had to sit up and hold, sing, or talk to them for hours. And I definitely agree about them being idiots! :)
Thank you for sharing pictures!

Wow another feathered critter giving chickens a run For their money? We are the exact same way with our 12 ladies. We raised them since 1 day old and we have gotten so attached to livestock! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures And your joy. How delightful! I’d love to see more when you have a chance. Never even considered turkeys. ❤️❤️❤️

I thought the same way when I first got turkeys. I have two girls and they are just like dogs. They love being near people and whatever you are doing they have to get involved in. When they were chicks they cried for me half the night, I had to sit up and hold, sing, or talk to them for hours. And I definitely agree about them being idiots! :)
Thank you for sharing pictures!
They really are basically a dog with feathers. Mine would cry after me at night but they really got attached to my toddler.
Wow another feathered critter giving chickens a run For their money? We are the exact same way with our 12 ladies. We raised them since 1 day old and we have gotten so attached to livestock! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures And your joy. How delightful! I’d love to see more when you have a chance. Never even considered turkeys. ❤️❤️❤️
You should try them out they are truly fascinating animals.

Back
Top Bottom