Mystery chick??

scribsfarm

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 19, 2014
Washington
Hello Chicken People,
First post here hope you can help. So we got a bunch of chicks a few weeks ago and we have one that we are not sure of. We asked for two BO and two Red Sexlinks to add to the RIRs we already have. We definitely got the two BOs as you can see in the first picture and we got the RS but then there is this gal in the middle of the first picture. She is a bit smaller than the rest and her little wing feathers have white tips. Hoping someone on here can let us know what she is.

Thanks

She could be an Amber White or Tetra Tint...that is a sex linked hybrid usually of RIR roo with a White Leghorn female.

My guess,
LofMc

X2... or if she is smaller she could be a bantam breed!!

welcome-byc.gif
And also welcome!!!

I figured it could have been a bantam, The farmers co-op that I got her from had the bantams and the sexlinks in the same brooder. Guess we might have a little peanut in the gang.

She looks like a red sex link to me. Wait a few more weeks to see how she feathers out. The good news is that they are great layers and all of mine have been very friendly, too.

So we are now convinced that our original mystery is a RSL so now we are wondering what this girl is? Maybe she is a RSL too but her color pattern is totally different and she went red much sooner. Any guesses?

Last edited:
So we are now convinced that our original mystery is a RSL so now we are wondering what this girl is? Maybe she is a RSL too but her color pattern is totally different and she went red much sooner. Any guesses?
This one looks like a Red Sex-link, too.

Back
Top Bottom