A Gift For Easter....

Suzie

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Auvergne
A neighbour came here this afternoon with one of his daughters..they were very upset...

This morning his Toulouse female goose had been killed by a fox...right in front of their house...he asked if by chance we would sell one of our Toulouse girls as her mate was distraught...

Normally I would never consider parting with any of my geese...I truly love them all, however, looking at the sadness in the eyes of the daughter...I agreed to part with one of mine and just to add that I was upset by the fact that the gander was mourning too.

This evening I gave one of my precious girls away...she was relaxed as I put her into the cage that my neighbour had given for her transport...he offered me money and I told him that she is a gift for Easter...for his family and for his gander...on one condition...if she ever lays a golden egg..he must give me half!

I am in tears now...of sadness for my loss and joy for my neighbour...

Thought I would share with you all..

Happy Easter everyone!

That was a generous and thoughtful thing to do. Kindness is never wasted, it will come back to you (although the golden egg part may be pushing it, lol).

Happy Easter to you @Suzie !

That was a generous and thoughtful thing to do. Kindness is never wasted, it will come back to you (although the golden egg part may be pushing it, lol).

Happy Easter to you @Suzie !
Thank you so much for your response..

A very happy Easter to you too!

May golden eggs surround you!!!!

Thank you so much for your response..

A very happy Easter to you too!

May golden eggs surround you!!!!

If golden eggs start surrounding me, I'll share them with you!
bun.gif

Updated news...

I happened to see my neighbour yesterday evening...I asked how the female goose was and.....

She has settled in very well...the gander adores her and my neighbour's Daughters love her too...she loves being fussed and she is laying eggs...my neighbour is hopeful that she will set and hatch some young...

Sorry NorthFLChick...no golden eggs yet...! I am so very happy today...knowing that my former goose is happy!

Thanks all of you for your kind words...!

Updated news...

I happened to see my neighbour yesterday evening...I asked how the female goose was and.....

She has settled in very well...the gander adores her and my neighbour's Daughters love her too...she loves being fussed and she is laying eggs...my neighbour is hopeful that she will set and hatch some young...

Sorry NorthFLChick...no golden eggs yet...! I am so very happy today...knowing that my former goose is happy!

Suzie just saw this, sounds like your sweet gift has touched some hearts, glad to hear the goose has settled in and everyone is happy maybe you'll be a grandmother soon if she hatches any goslings.

Updated news...

Hi Suzie,

I'm not at all disappointed about no golden eggs. But, I am happy that things have worked out so well!

Maybe if your ex-goose hatches some young, you'll get a gosling back.

Glad it's worked out so well for everyone!
thumbsup.gif

Yet another update...

My neighbour came here this evening and asked if we had any spare goose eggs...I gave him four eggs...he, in return is giving me a male rabbit ( my male died a few months ago...sob...) and he is also giving me a male and female peacock...I will no doubt be needing help from casportpony very soon to help my forthcoming charges ...

Another neighbour arrived this evening...yes Spring has arrived here...he was looking for a Muscovy drake...I gave him one as a gift..he has been good to us in the past and I am thankful for his help..without aforethought I gave him one of my boys...he wants to breed from him...I am happy to help anyone that arrives here and asks for help...I am so lucky to have such a great relationship with our French neighbours and friends...I feel at home here..that says so much to me!

Hi Suzie,

I hope you'll share some pictures of your new animals! Have you ever had peafowl before? I haven't but our neighbors have one that ends up in our yard (or tree) from time to time. They are so beautiful.

Sounds like you have good neighbors...and are a good neighbor yourself
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom