my eggs have been incubator scene 3/22 8pm how much longer should I wait

Brown eggs farm

Hatching
Apr 18, 2015
I did the water test it said all but one was good (it sunk).The rest had tested as good. How much longer should I wait? I already had 7 hatch out early on 4/11-4/12 from 5pm to 12:20am. I heard some peeps coming from the eggs early this week ,but nothing scene then no more sounds or movement. What should I do there is still 33 eggs in my still air incubator made by little giant. I used a automatic egg Turner with it till 4/9 10pm that's when I took them off automatic Turner. Help need opinion on what I should do.

I did the water test it said all but one was good (it sunk).The rest had tested as good. How much longer should I wait? I already had 7 hatch out early on 4/11-4/12 from 5pm to 12:20am. I heard some peeps coming from the eggs early this week ,but nothing scene then no more sounds or movement. What should I do there is still 33 eggs in my still air incubator made by little giant. I used a automatic egg Turner with it till 4/9 10pm that's when I took them off automatic Turner. Help need opinion on what I should do.
That would make it day 27 and if you are incubating chicken eggs, that's way past the amount of time that would hatch any healthy chicks. When you do the water test, an egg that floats does not mean that it is viable. The only certain viability in the float test is an egg that floats AND wiggles with chick movement. I would call it and do eggtopsies. What did you use for temps and humidity for days 1-17? You had 7 hatch on days 20/21. Usually (with a few exceptions) what is going to hatch is usually hatched by 48 hours after the first hatch. In cases with extreme cold/hot spots you may find a bit more exagerated hatches, but generally not a week later.

I concur. They're gone.

Temperature was 99.5 -101keep close check on it. This was our first time to use the incubator. Any ideas that would help us have a better Turner out next time? Maybe less eggs or different temperature? I appreciate any good ideas. Thanks.

Temperature was 99.5 -101keep close check on it. This was our first time to use the incubator. Any ideas that would help us have a better Turner out next time? Maybe less eggs or different temperature? I appreciate any good ideas. Thanks.
The recommended temps for still air is between 101-102 (taken near the top of the egg). So I'd start with that. much lower than the 101 and you're loking at the hatch being delayed. I would calibrate/check any and all thermometers/hygrometers for accuracy as innaccurate gages are often an unknown cause of failed hatches. (I have personal experience with that one.) I also would consider doing a dry incubation (low humidity incubation).Many styro users have switched to this method with much higher success. It is the method that I use. (I have a little giant but the fan kit was installed.) This is the method that I use for controlling and monitoring my humidity: http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity Often times new hatchers go by the manual's instructions for temp and humidity and run at 50% humidity or more and end up drowning the chicks. I highly recommend doing eggtopsies after the hatch on the unhatched eggs as often that can point you to the problems of the hatch. I hope you keep trying and have greater success.

Back
Top Bottom