Day 26 of incubation chick eggs Can someone tell me how much they think it will take till they hatch?

Jlopezz

Hatching
Oct 8, 2023
im new to incubating eggs and everywhere that I look it says that if you have an outage it might take a longer for eggs to hatch (I had 3 separate outages the first two lasting 12 hrs and last one about 2-3 hrs) after the second outage I got some help from here they said the eggs might hatch late. Right before the last outage I candled the eggs and they seemed to be doing ok, But a few days later (present and after the last outage) some eggs showed no signs of life I threw those out, but there were still 2 eggs left that had were moving around in there.can anyone here tell me what they would think the hatch date is or an approximation of how many days? (I’m a very inpatient person and can’t wait to see them hatch 😅)

there were still 2 eggs left that had were moving around in there.can anyone here tell me what they would think the hatch date is or an approximation of how many days?
If you candle the eggs now, do you see any movement or any signs of life?

Since chicken eggs normally hatch at 21 days, and yours are at 26, I think there is a good chance they already died and never will hatch. But if they are still alive, then obviously I am wrong about that.

If you candle the eggs now, do you see any movement or any signs of life?

Since chicken eggs normally hatch at 21 days, and yours are at 26, I think there is a good chance they already died and never will hatch. But if they are still alive, then obviously I am wrong about that.
i just candled the first egg and I saw movement but not on the second egg. I saw some yesterday on the second egg there’s still a lot of vein on the second egg though.

i just candled the first egg and I saw movement but not on the second egg. I saw some yesterday on the second egg there’s still a lot of vein on the second egg though.
In that case, I would probably give them another day or two, then candle again to see how they are doing.

Have you read the article on assisted hatching? It talks about when to assist (so you don't cause harm by trying it too early), as well as how to assist.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

im new to incubating eggs and everywhere that I look it says that if you have an outage it might take a longer for eggs to hatch (I had 3 separate outages the first two lasting 12 hrs and last one about 2-3 hrs) after the second outage I got some help from here they said the eggs might hatch late. Right before the last outage I candled the eggs and they seemed to be doing ok, But a few days later (present and after the last outage) some eggs showed no signs of life I threw those out, but there were still 2 eggs left that had were moving around in there.can anyone here tell me what they would think the hatch date is or an approximation of how many days? (I’m a very inpatient person and can’t wait to see them hatch 😅)
Did the chicks ever hatch?! 😆

Back
Top Bottom