WIERD SPOTS ON DUCKLINGS FEET

poultry bro

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 4, 2014
Sup yall I have a problem I have 17 ducklings of 3 ages my middle aged ones are 2 mallards and 2 pekins the pekins both have areas on their feet in the exact same spot that look like cuts going the same way but the mallards look like they have burns on their feet I thought it was from their feces but I clean them every day with new straw I looked at my 3 Swedish blue ducks and their feet were perfect and my youngest are less than a week old and they don't have it either I have not seen any sharp objects in their cage so it can not be that but any help would be greatly appreciated I don't think its bumblefoot because they are less than a month old it may just be them naturally getting used to the bedding but I never saw this on my blue swedes.

I cant take pictures because my camera douse not let me put them on BYC.

My Mom has access to them but I hope you are not implying she would hurt them she cant even touch them because they are skittish.

I said in my first post I use straw.

I don't use a thermometer I just use my hand to judge how the heat should be but they are getting to the point where they don't need the heat lamp as much.

I would love to hear your opinion on what the problem is and thx for responding.

I am not implying your mom would hurt the ducklings. But when I was a teenager, I had younger family members (when I was not home, and they were unsupervised by their parents) cause the death of my ducklings by opening doors and letting the dog into the brooder room.

Since I am not there, I wanted to ask some questions to help try to figure out what is going on with the ducklings.

We really need to see photos. I don't know what you mean by your camera "won't allow" you to upload to BYC, you have to import them onto your computer first, or else put them onto a site like imgur or tinypic.

I will work on that camera but ask all the questions you want I saw the pekin sitting there today seemed to be more tame than yesterday the others are still skittish I wonder if she is not feelin well I hope its not her foot I hope she is just a little more tame.

Back
Top Bottom