JUDGE RULES ROSWELL'S " CHICKEN OUTLAW" GETS TO KEEP BIRDS

The Roswell Chickenman

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 26, 2008
North Georgia
I am the Roswell Chicken Outlaw and I want to thank everyone on BYC who sent emails to The City of Roswell supporting me because we taught them "don't flock around with us"
big_smile.png
and we kicked butt.

After giving the city attorney a 2 month continuance and a chance to back down gracefully, on Thursday May 28th, Roswell Municipal Court Judge Maurice Hilliard ruled against the city he works for and dismissed the case declaring "CHICKENS ARE LEGAL IN ROSWELL".

See attached video by clicking on my picture on the right side of the page.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/19601473/detail.html

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/video/18966972/index.html

Here is more.

To view information about the case just GOOGLE "Roswell Chicken Fight".

PLEASE LET TAKE A FEW MINUTES OUT OF YOUR DAY RIGHT NOW AND TELL REBEKKA'S editor how happy we are with her coverage of this chicken fight. She has been in constant contact with me and she's always had a "what can I do to help?" attitude. Rebekka has shown herself to be a true friend of ours so let's make sure her editors knows how grateful all of us chicken lovers are.

Here is where to send your emails.

Editor: [email protected]

Director of News: [email protected]

Assignment manager: [email protected]

Rebekka Schramm: [email protected]

If it wasn't for my attorney; former Gov. Roy Barnes, the support of my friends, Andy Scheider aka THE CHICKEN WHISPERER, my great neighbors and The Atlanta Pet Chicken Meetup Group my girls might be gone.

Thanks again,

Andrew S. Wordes, Fred, Roo Roo, Yankee, Roo Junior, Whimpy, Wheatie, Woody, Barney, Billy Joel, Johnathon, Duke, Topaz, Bluebill, Bluebelle, Henrietta, Winnie, Pearl, Diamond, Ruby, Emerald and ALL the rest of my girls!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that judge deserves some farm fresh eggs. Thank you, Your Honor, for being more open-minded than the Judge that gave my 12 Leghorns 15 days to get out of town. I still have hope that some day i may legal here. Until then, I will have outlaw chickens. It's a shame that here in the greatest Republic the world has ever known, we as citizens have to be denied our rights under the Constitution, as in; Life,Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Don't misunderstand me, I could see it being a problem if i was starting a huge chicken ranch of a couple of million birds, but a dozen hens? Come on, all that amounts to is some power hungary fools ( who probably got beat up a lot in high school) using their power to oppress the minions. All these so called laws are actually unlaws, as, i didn't see anything in the constitution about outlawing a few backyard laying hens. Enough said??? Woody

Thanks,

The party was great and I thank my friends who are mostly chicken people but most importantly this was about my birds and my rights. My birds are cleaner, quiter and friendly than 6 or 8 cats and this is my land that I own so way should anyone be telling me what I can do if I am not hurting or disturbing anyone else??

Finally, by birds can sleep without having to keep one eye open watching for the chicken nazis!! Honestly it worth the fight and the former Gov. Roy Barnes IS being paid in chicken eggs for his legal services. How many eggs do I owe him for $10,000 ?

I'm darn glad he and his family likes eggs!! The one thing I learned is don't ever give up.

FIGHT BACK AND GET EVERYONE YOU CAN TO HELP YOU..

IF NOT YOU, THEN WHO??

IF NOT NOW, THEN WHEN??

So while you ARE ONLINE PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES RIGHT NOW AND TELL REBEKKA'S editor how happy we are with her coverage of this chicken fight. She has been in constant contact with me and she's always had a "what can I do to help?" attitude. Rebekka has shown herself to be a true friend of ours so let's make sure her editors knows how grateful all of us chicken lovers are.

Here is where to send your emails.

Editor: [email protected]

Director of News: [email protected]

Assignment manager: [email protected]

Rebekka Schramm: [email protected]

Thanks,.

Andrew S. Wordes

Home of Roo Roo the hawk chasing Rooster,Breeder Of Wheaten and Black Copper Marans.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-mail sent and thank you.

To all BYC'ERS, Please don't let this thread die. Whether your chickens are legal are or not, we as chicken owners everywhere owe Andrew a big round of applause for the money and time spent on his case. This case may very well have set the precedent for the rest of us to finally have legal backyard chickens. Also, please e-mail Rebekka and her superiors with a big thank you. We need all the support we can get. Woody

The Times Are A'changin'
Bob Dylan

Can you tell me if you used the new state law 529. I am in the same fight in a rural subdivision in coweta county and only have a few days left in my fight

Back
Top Bottom