Free seeds ( 100 plus different ones)

toredano

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Grainger County,TN
We have been getting our seeds from Germplast for a while now.
I am not sure if any of you are aware of it.
They have alot of stuff you can get fro free ..

If you do not want the genetic altered ones .. you have to look thru it and see which ones are like heirloom etc.
Some people dont like genetic altered ones but FYI.. alot of seeds and plants have been altered for more fruit or hardiness.. people just dont know about it.

The only thing is they ask to give a little report to see how the seeds grew etc. Not much of a big deal considreing you get stuff for free .
They have anything from plants to fruit to veggies.

http://www.ars-grin.gov/npgs/acc/acc_queries.html

I guess I'm a ding dong .. I'm having a hard time navigating the sight .. where do you find the seeds?

It is a rough site to navigate... When you click that link she provided it takes you to the search area for the seeds. Type in something (i.e. Tomato) and click search.
Then a bunch will come up. I think these plants are all listed by their latin names which makes it even harder, but then if you click on one of the result it will tell you a little about the plant and you can request seeds.

I'm still trying to figure it all out, but I think it's a GREAT program!

Bump... This will be a great site if all my seeds show up. FOR FREE! ...I have everything from corn,apples,pears,tobacco,to seed grass on my list. We should have a contest to see who can grow the best chicken feed, And make the best hard cider
wink.png
I offer to be a cider judge.
big_smile.png

Be aware that some seeds you wont get tho.I ordered sorgum seeds and didnt get any for some reason.
The pepper plants they send ( plants ,not seeds ) didnt make it
sad.png
they where too dried out from the voyage from Puerto Rico.
The corn is super sweet and big huge kernels. To bad alot of it got eaten by something.. or someone ..lol

they will let ya know if they cant send soemthing but out of 100 + seeds I ordered , maybe 5 or so I didnt get

As to the site itself.. yes ist a bit confusing but once you look around and find out what is what its rather easy.
What I did is opend up another copy of explorer and copy/pasted the scientific name and goggled it in the other window so you know exactly what you will get.

Ok sorry for the interuption again.. i will tell you how to go thru this

On the site link i gave ya..

go down to TOXONOMY..

put in common name , hit submit request
put in like corn for example.. that will come up with all kinds of different breeds.

click on any of the one you think you would like

like shoepeg for instance 4th down on list

a bit down if it says avalable.. click request this germplasm.. and then it goes into your cart.
smile.png

i hope that explains it a bit

Quote:
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for .. **zipping off to the website**

Back
Top Bottom