CURE FOR CURLED TOES (WITH PICS)

Fancy Feather Poultry

Cooped Up
12 Years
May 30, 2007
This is some thing to help u i could of just typed ut it kinda made no sense to me when i typed it up so I made somepics on Paint.

261222865.jpg

The bandaids were used for sprawled legs. u simply take duck tape put it between the toe and stick anouther peice on the bottom and attach it to square so the tape will make the feet flat instead of curled. I had the some problem with my silkie chick i let it be sence day 1 and hoped they would flat out but 3 days late nothing happend so i heard something from arklady and got an idea.
smile.png

many of the "shoe" articles were published on game/peafowl which have bigger/stronger feet and needed more than tape (which is usually sufficient for chickies)... just place the foot on a square of tape (a strong sticky type)...position the toes properly then put another pice of tape on top and then make sure they adhere to each other well (use a blunt rounded stick or such and rub well together)... trim to size and voila! you have your shoe!

I've always found with chicks that simply adding kelp powder to their food helped straighten out crooked toes (not sure about curled toes however).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom