Curled toes

Breevdb

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2023
Hi everybody!

My 2 year old Black Australorp toes seem to be curling. Besides a slight limp, she looks and acts normally. She is eating, drinking, and laying normally.

I feed her Nutrena Naturewise layer crumbles 16% protein. I've also given poultry cell in her water for 4 days but do not notice any improvement in the curled toes. I have 3 other hens who do not have this issue.

Do you have any other suggestions that might be helpful?

Thanks so much!

1000008390.jpg

If this just started happening, that knocks out the genetic possibility.

I would try giving a B-complex vitamin or just Riboflavin, plus Vit E. Both of those are human forms. The E, you'd just get her to eat it whole by opening her beak. She will. The B-complex, try to break it into half and give her half of it ground up in some scrambled eggs. She'll need some scrambled eggs for the selenium to process the Vit E anyway.

I'd try this for a good two weeks and see if that helps. I hope it does!

You could still continue the Poultry Cell too.

If this just started happening, that knocks out the genetic possibility.

I would try giving a B-complex vitamin or just Riboflavin, plus Vit E. Both of those are human forms. The E, you'd just get her to eat it whole by opening her beak. She will. The B-complex, try to break it into half and give her half of it ground up in some scrambled eggs. She'll need some scrambled eggs for the selenium to process the Vit E anyway.

I'd try this for a good two weeks and see if that helps. I hope it does!

You could still continue the Poultry Cell too.
Thanks so much for your response! I will give it a try and update in a few weeks! I appreciate your knowledge:)

Back
Top Bottom