Self-Sufficient Homemade Recipes

We have ants invading our house right now. With 3 little ones around, there is always a crumb for the ants to find somewhere in the kitchen. Anyway, does anyone have any human/pet friendly ant-killer rememdies (that don't stink)?? Windex kills them instantly if there are a ton crowded around one area, but I'm not going to be spraying that stuff all over the kitchen and floors where my kids and dog are. Thanks guys!

putting mint around can help keep them at bay, but killing...i have a company that sprays all natural stuff and it turns into nothing in 45 days! it works on all bugs. i will find out what it exactly is.

be careful with ants...a lot of them are hybridized with red ants now and it only takes a few bites to load you or a small child with venom!

best!

I read in Countryside Magazine about using a small pile of cornmeal where the ants can get it. The cornmeal is very corrosive to their digestive tracts and they die. They carry it back to their nest and store it for the others and they die also. Well, I tried it this year and.....it works!!! I was having black ants all over my cabinets and getting into my sugar! Within a week, no more ants. Haven't seen one since. I used fine yellow cornmeal. Left it on the counter for a couple of days only. Hope this works!
smile.png

BABY WIPES RECIPE
Step One

Strong paper towels work the best.
Cut one roll of paper towels in half.
Take out the core so wipes pull out of the center.

Step Two

Make solution.

2 cups water
1/2 cup of baby oil
1/2 cup baby magic baby bath

Step Three

Place 1/2 roll of paper towels in container.
Pour solution over towels.
Store in container. Makes 2 1/2 rolls.

Quote:
Oh, after reading your post again, I realize my mistake. DH and I used a nearly full scoop from the oxy container. All of the dishes have a white film on them that didn't wash off after running through the washer again. I had to hand wash and scrub that icky film off!
sad.png

Everything in moderation...

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a organic gardening book that recommends mixing confectioners sugar with borax to get rid of ants. I need to try it in my garden as they are all over my artichoke plants for some reason.

I made the laundry detergent today, but to add a fragrance to it instead of adding an oil to it I simply grated up 1/3 bar of Ivory with Lavendar soap with it and it smells wonderful, my clothes are so clean and they smell wonderful just off the clothesline out back. You can smell the lavendar Ivory in it also. I used the recipe that you do not have to reheat,it made two gallons and at .50 cents a gallon I am sold and will never go back to the 7.00 a bottle stuff. I found all the products , the washing soda , the Borax and the Fels Naptha all together at Krogers and I spent 7.00 for all 3 items. I am going back and stock up on the Fels Naptha for sure in a day or two. Thankyou all so much for sharing the recipe and helping me save alot of money. You folks are the best!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom