Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 8:22 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on Today at 6:24 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 8:48 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 12580
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #125792 of 1576317/14/16 at 4:44amQuote:
Impossible to scare me away! Good mornin.
-Kathypost #125793 of 1576317/14/16 at 4:46ampost #125794 of 1576317/14/16 at 4:46ampost #125795 of 1576317/14/16 at 4:47ampost #125796 of 1576317/14/16 at 4:47amI'm having trouble. My first ever egg that I've incubated pipped yesterday around 6am and still had not completely zipped this morning, but one of my family for some unknown reason decided they wanted to help it so know they have pulled most of the shell off and I don't know what to do...post #125797 of 1576317/14/16 at 4:49amIt is still day 18 for four more hours, so I'm being silly just by looking so much. At lockdown, there was no drawdown except in the saddled one, and I've never had one that bad so I'm not sure. They all have prolific veining.post #125798 of 1576317/14/16 at 4:53ampost #125799 of 1576317/14/16 at 4:56amThread Starter
I left not because of the thread, I should have posted separate posts instead of just one post that day, wasn't thinking about how it could be interpreted, just was already short for time, so I just rattled what was in my mind, careful of that, it nips yer butt quick in written words........ I had no idea y'all would take it too personally, Most of you should know by now that I am forced to step in poo at times, and have to take time to clean it off ma boots....... errrr ummmm flip flops.....
Y'all also know when I can and DO keep up with the thread, that I am a terrible overposter I am guilty and first to admit that. I will also admit that I was extremely irritated before I even got on the thread that day, for being told MY thread is number one yapping thread before I even read Phages post, I have really tried to make this OUR thread, NEVER my thread, and always referred to it as such.....I know reading these things wasnt meant to upset me in any way, its just that I took it as my purpose was gone, I so want an open door policy on the thread and ATTEMPTED to keep it comfortable for the MAJORITY of people and really did try extremely hard to keep up with the thread and take all the information everyone was sharing so we could share it with others and then they could share it.OUR NOTES! AMAZING, HELPFUL and they are a product of EVERYONE who has shared posts on this thread.
As much as some seem to think I care about how many posts I have or how many post counts a thread has, I really dont give a rats, I have read some of the smallest threads on this site, and I cant believe some of the great info in very few posts. That is another reason I am working with @Nifty-Chicken on creating a great thread with pulling some of BYC greatest posts! THAT is where the value comes from a thread to me. I am a very humble person I will remain humble for life no matter what the issue, however, that doesn't mean I wont strive to do my best at whatever I attempt or do. I wanted a place for people to go after the HAL where they could continue to get more help from each other, and it took on a life of its own. If you Re read the OP you will find I do want you all to chat and make friends, heck some of you I would call family! I get thoroughly annoyed when I am called super star rock star or someone freaks if I help them because good God "Sally Sunshine helped meeeee" good Lord I am not all that for sure. I do love reading the occasional PM's with nice thank yous and short sharing of how I have helped them, because it helps to know that it is all working, helping from simply sharing my own research and experiences. Even with badges, I prefer to have them turned off from my view in my user preference, I know they mean very much to many people but as far as I am concerned you are all my friends, or soon to be.
When I seen @sumi tag pop in my email this morning, I had seen whites name and in short order had teary eyes. Love ma Whites And @granny hatchet had snagged me on FB, LOVE ma granny dear so much too....... so I did get to tell Billy it has nothing to do with him and his posting @BantyChooks I know you were worried from the message, I am overwhelmed by all the caring and heartfelt messages on here, in my private email and also on FB, Thank you for taking the time to show me that, I cant tell you how much it means to know people care for me
oh, in regards to my health....... I dont discuss my health issues, they are my issues and I will get through them without reminding myself over and over about them, everyone deals differently, I will deal my way, my family gets very upset when I wont discuss with them. But thats who I am.
So carry on, Y'all are perfectly fine on here! Helping out and being on top of things, I cant tell you how grateful I am that you all help so many others! It feels good to be able to help so many people on the internet, on BYC and at home...
and let me tell you something else..... To be completely honest, I really feel odd when I cant be here and then I feel like I catch up and then dont have time to chat. I feel awkward I guess. That I am not helping anyone, but it took another to remind me how much I will always help in the information that I have already compiled for them, so I just needed a good talking too.
I will be on and about, probably not keeping up like I should be on this thread, but I CAN SAY how relieved I am that my sweet Banti Bubbles is such a great young lady will take care of details and notes, and that @mlm Mike is always there for me being the wonderful supportive and caring person that he is. Thank you to you too and also @TwoCrows who has to deal with our thread, and know everyone like she does and not be able to post with us. Leyla I really appreciate you for all you do! I can imagine how hard it is to keep up. Love you sweet Leyla!
Anyways, at the moment, Life took hold and I am living it..... at least till heaven knockspost #125800 of 1576317/14/16 at 5:03am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › Help 2 minutes ago
- › Birds with beards? 2 minutes ago
- › Stella's Social Club 2 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 3 minutes ago
- › Colorado 3 minutes ago
- › shed for ducks 3 minutes ago
- › Wondering what breed Mommy is? 3 minutes ago
- › Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE 5 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Metro Boston
- › Mia HammAndEggs & her sisters
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House