Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts, BantyChooks and more! Last post on Today at 2:02 am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 3/21/17 at 6:35am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 2/16/17 at 10:03am in Ducks
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- Griffin Nest - HomepageLast edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 3/18/17
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
Great first time ducks. my female layed even through the winter, she only took about 3 weeks off. great foragers, my female is my loud one letting me know I went past feeding time, my male is a...
really great layers but don't like handling much, mine wouldn't let me near them. i raised the whites and the browns, they were escape artists but for a good reason. they can evade a lot of predators
Mine are a week old, so I don't have a lot to judge on yet, but they've been so full of character that I was afraid I'd forget some of their antics by the time they reach maturity. I'll update when...
My Sicilian Buttercup, Piquin, is a consistent layer of small creamy eggs, about 3-4 a week. Her plumage is a gorgeous coppery gold with distinctive leopard-like spots; a double comb and high tail...
I LOVE my buffs. We got chickens because my son and I are allergic to cats and dogs and the kids wanted pets. We got all buffs because I read that they were the best "beginner" chickens. They are...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 163post #1621 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:15pmWe just lis one of our chickens to a chicken hawk.It ripped the head clean of the poor thing.My dad is out there with the shotgun ready for it to come back to get it.
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1622 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:15pmI'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.I'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.post #1623 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:28pm@Sally Sunshine the temp is up to 100.4!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!! I am going to go back and check it in an hour just to make sure it's stable. I might have to drop the temp if it goes over!!!Working on my Ayam Cemani breeders!!!!Working on my Ayam Cemani breeders!!!!post #1624 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:33pmpost #1625 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:37pmQuote:
So cute, one of my chickies has a smudge of grey in its down, I wonder if it will be spotted.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #1626 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:44pmQuote:Cool! I am excited to see how it turns out!
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greeting
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greetingpost #1627 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:47pm
Uglybator interior, I put shelf liner over the wire when they go into lockdown. (the thermometer is running low because I just turned the eggs AND it's not calibrated.) ;) The actually sensor is that little red thing at the top of the cardboard carton.
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian GreetingQuote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greetingpost #1628 of 15763111/13/15 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cynthia12
Quote:Originally Posted by gimmie birdies
2 of the 4 eggs Ma hen was sitting on, Chub, meet Grace, Grace meet Chub...EE/leghorns, (from white eggs) I hope they get some spots...
don't you think Chub looks like an old soul?
Bet they do get spots. I have a leghorn/blue copper marans mix out there. Here is a photo of her now.
So cute, she has some feathering on her feet. She has .. pink..earlobes. Will be interesting to see what color of an egg she lays.
I have some white Leghorn cross with Philippine native they look just like them, almost at point of laying cant wait to see the eggspost #1629 of 15763111/13/15 at 1:06pmQuote:I love riding so much too! It is great fun!Originally Posted by Cynthia12
Me too! Here I am..catching up again for the day... Always always wanted a horse of my own. Couldn't happen. But, I was lucky in my younger years. Believe me, I found horses to ride! I have great memories of riding up along the foot hills along my favorite mountain, and through corn fields and river beds in the river bottoms. Loved it!post #1630 of 15763111/13/15 at 1:06pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Griffin Nest - Homepage
- › 4-H-er thread! 14 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 1 minute ago
- › Pullet or cockaroo???? 1 minute ago
- › Which are the rare breeds in highest demand now? Which ones will... 3 minutes ago
- › SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Best choice of Pen bedding? 4 minutes ago
- › RodNTN's chat thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 4 minutes ago
- › Dry or wet feed?! 4 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 4 minutes ago
- › Braided Easter Egg Bread
- › FeatherMtnFarms' Spring Chicks!!! 2017
- › One Myth and One Lie About—Egg's
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.
- › Soo EggCited the ladies will be here next...
- › Coop-A-Cabana and Coop de Ville....Soo...
- › Integrating new birds at 4 weeks old.
- › \~ * >One Will Reign< * ~/ a Wild Horse...