Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 5:18 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 163post #1621 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:15pmWe just lis one of our chickens to a chicken hawk.It ripped the head clean of the poor thing.My dad is out there with the shotgun ready for it to come back to get it.
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #1622 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:15pmI'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.I'm creating Pleasant Row chickens: I'm starting with goals of cold hardy, dual purpose, and always bearded using Ameraucana, Crested Cream Legbar, Copper Marans, EE, Orpington, and Rock.
I'm also working toward improving the Cream Brabanter breed.post #1623 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:28pm@Sally Sunshine the temp is up to 100.4!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!! I am going to go back and check it in an hour just to make sure it's stable. I might have to drop the temp if it goes over!!!Working on my Ayam Cemani breeders!!!!Working on my Ayam Cemani breeders!!!!post #1624 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:33pmpost #1625 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:37pmQuote:
So cute, one of my chickies has a smudge of grey in its down, I wonder if it will be spotted.Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy tooBe so happy that when others look at you they become happy toopost #1626 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:44pmQuote:Cool! I am excited to see how it turns out!
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greeting
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greetingpost #1627 of 15763111/13/15 at 12:47pm
Uglybator interior, I put shelf liner over the wire when they go into lockdown. (the thermometer is running low because I just turned the eggs AND it's not calibrated.) ;) The actually sensor is that little red thing at the top of the cardboard carton.
1 Production Red, 2 Easter Eggers in our first homemade coop! Dad, Mom, Little Man, and Littler Man. Susan the Cat, The Shrimp Tank and a Garden.Quote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian GreetingQuote:"Breath deep, Seek peace."-Dinotopian Greetingpost #1628 of 15763111/13/15 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cynthia12
Quote:Originally Posted by gimmie birdies
2 of the 4 eggs Ma hen was sitting on, Chub, meet Grace, Grace meet Chub...EE/leghorns, (from white eggs) I hope they get some spots...
don't you think Chub looks like an old soul?
Bet they do get spots. I have a leghorn/blue copper marans mix out there. Here is a photo of her now.
So cute, she has some feathering on her feet. She has .. pink..earlobes. Will be interesting to see what color of an egg she lays.
I have some white Leghorn cross with Philippine native they look just like them, almost at point of laying cant wait to see the eggspost #1629 of 15763111/13/15 at 1:06pmQuote:I love riding so much too! It is great fun!Originally Posted by Cynthia12
Me too! Here I am..catching up again for the day... Always always wanted a horse of my own. Couldn't happen. But, I was lucky in my younger years. Believe me, I found horses to ride! I have great memories of riding up along the foot hills along my favorite mountain, and through corn fields and river beds in the river bottoms. Loved it!post #1630 of 15763111/13/15 at 1:06pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 3 seconds ago
- › Lethargic, paralyzed and dying 49 seconds ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 1 minute ago
- › Chicken Addition - How many chicks? 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › Early stages sour crop? 1 minute ago
- › What Kind of Hen Do I Have!? 2 minutes ago
- › Melancholy 2 minutes ago
- › Did you know..... Chat Thread! W/ Hosts: DwayneNLiz,... 3 minutes ago
- › HELP ME QUICK!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.