humidity spikes at hatch you really need to know what all the eggs look like going in to worry to much about that .take out all the plugs watch for condensation on the windows if they cover over lift the lid and let some out
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 4776post #47751 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:31amQuote:be careful who you trust believe me just as sure as you do the ones you trust the most might. make a fool of you the road you travel on my be filled with ruts and holes careful where you place your feet you might fall and bust your nose .be careful who you trust believe me just as sure as you do the ones you trust the most might. make a fool of you the road you travel on my be filled with ruts and holes careful where you place your feet you might fall and bust your nose .
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #47752 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:32ampost #47753 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:33ampost #47754 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:43amQuote:No condensation in the least- just the hygrometer reading. I'm on the 12th chick hatching since they started 12 hours ago. Sure the humidity went up a smidge here and there but it's hovered between 72-75... 81 (and holding for an hour now) is new. I took all plugs out around day 14
Edited by gotro17 - 2/6/16 at 4:44ampost #47755 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:45ampost #47756 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:45amQuote:Originally Posted by gotro17
Good luck!!! I am in the middle of my first hatch. Based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews here, I went with the hovabator too. I had mostly shipped eggs, from two different sources...one (Papa's Poultry @Papa Brooder was incredible, the other- coming all the way from CT, a total disaster (and extremely expensive!))... If they weren't broken, all eggs had detached air cells and some extremely saddled... Then, I got super lucky and discovered@Jessimom lives 2 miles from me! She generously gave me 6 silkie eggs (5 to lockdown- 3 have already hatched!). In total, 28 went to lockdown. It is just now Day 20.5 and 10 are hatched, 5 more pipped and one zipping. The one shown here, zipping, is a Bielefelder whose shell I cracked (and repaired with candle wax) 2 weeks ago!!! We are very pleased with this bator and even more grateful for all the advice here!!! Thank you! @Jessimom @Sally Sunshine
You're having a great first hatch with shipped eggs!post #47757 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:46ampost #47758 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:46amQuote:
Hi Phil!post #47759 of 1576312/6/16 at 4:51am
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
Currently, there are 1872 Active Users (205 Members and 1667 Guests)
- › Call Duck Drake Flew Away?? 31 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 35 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 35 seconds ago
- › Poultry school, Enroll Today! (chickens/ducks/geese,Any poultry!) 1 minute ago
- › Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued! 3 minutes ago
- › Langshan Thread!!! 3 minutes ago
- › What to do if egg yolk drops out of your chicken's vent? 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? 4 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 4 minutes ago
- › Mixing 2 different mother hens, same "coop" different age chicks.... 4 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...