Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- itemBrinsea Mini Advance Incubatortagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- itemBrinsea OvaScope Egg Viewertagged by BantyChooks, 1/31/16
- categoryDuckstagged by BantyChooks, 6/3/16
- brandFarm Innovatorstagged by BantyChooks, 5/17/16
- topicIncubating Hatching Eggstagged by BantyChooks, 7/20/16
- itemLittle Giant Still Air Incubator 9200tagged by BantyChooks, 1/20/16
- itemStorey's Guide to Raising Poultry, 4th Edition: Chickens, Turkeys, Ducks, Geese, Guineas, Gamebirdstagged by Sally Sunshine, 9/10/16
Related Forum Threads
- EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn everything from hatching to... Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- My Hatching Journey- The Adventures of a Complete Newbie Last post on 10/19/16 at 12:24am in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- INDIANA BYC'ers HERE! Last post on Yesterday at 3:30 pm in Where am I? Where are you!
- Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Eggs Last post on 11/1/15 at 3:41pm in Incubating & Hatching Eggs
- Ancona Ducks Last post on 10/16/16 at 1:40pm in Ducks
Griffin Nest - Homepage
Last edited: 8/5/16
- Incubation Cheat SheetLast edited: 9/15/12
- Building the BinBatorLast edited: 8/7/16
- Other Backyard Fowl - Ducks, Quail, Turkeys, Geese, Etc.Last edited: 9/4/16
- Building our Duck PondLast edited: 8/18/16
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
My 8 White Leghorn pullets are the friendliest breed I have ever raised. And I have raised quite a few breeds, and some of my breeds include Silkies, EE's, Brahma's, Australorps, etc. But still, my...
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks - Page 5253post #52521 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:20pmAll four of my blue eggs have pipped externally now
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #52522 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by chicken hawk 33
Can you post pics? I want to see what theses zips look like. Here or messages is fine. Thank You Chicken Hawk!post #52523 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:22pm
with a hard head and stinking butt (goat or Phil... you decide)
Jack of all trades... master of none. I know a little about everything... and a lot about nothing. I is what I are...
3 Production Reds - 1 Red Sexlink - 1 Brown Leghorn - 7 Barred Plymouth Rocks - 12 Standard Single Comb Rhode Island Reds - and - 1 Standard Rose Comb Rhode Island Redpost #52524 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:23pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by chicken hawk 33
THE INTERNAL PIP
Toward the end of standard chicken egg incubation, at approximately day 19, the embryo pierces the air sac membrane with its beak, this is called INTERNAL PIP/PIPPING or (IP) and then has a rest period which could be up to an 24 hour gap before EXTERNAL PIPPING (EP) where the chick pips a crack/rupture in the OUTER SHELL. (Dawes, 1981; Burton and Tullett, 1985),
THE EXTERNAL PIP
The external pip or crack will appear on the 20th Day on the outer shell. AFTER the embryo internally pipped the air sac and became a chick and breathed in air by piercing the air cell, it will rest again which could be up to an 24 hour gap before the final less that hour ZIP/ZIPPING to hatch out of the shell.
THE ZIP / ZIPPING Final HATCH OUT!
THIS STAGE LOOKS ALMOST LIKE A ZIPPER ON YOUR JACKET!
IT ONLY LASTS UP TO 45-90 minutes for chicken eggs!
The final hatch is very quick compared to the previous gaps/stages! The Chick will continued to push through the shell, using its egg tooth.The chick will take a few short rests, changed position, turn and keep cutting through the shell until its head fall free of the opened shell. It will then kick off the bottom part of the shell and then rest exhausted while its navel opening heals and its downy feathers dry off. HATCH COMPLETE
Edited by Sally Sunshine - 2/11/16 at 7:24pmpost #52525 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:24pmpost #52526 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:25pmpost #52527 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:25pm
@HenHoneyGirl 1.15 ml
-Kathypost #52528 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:27pmQuote:I was thinking about that in the shower. I had just gotten the reusable K cups filled for morning.Originally Posted by kwhites634Quote:Omg! You saw that?! How embarrassing!Originally Posted by Ur-ur-ur-urrrCoffeeCoffeepost #52529 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:28pm
I would say you're hooked... buy you're waaaaaaay beyond that!
It is adorable, and the beauty of watching is go from a seemingly lifeless egg to a beautiful chick is what makes it so addictive...post #52530 of 1576312/11/16 at 7:29pm
Aww! What a cutie!
Edited by BantyChooks - 2/11/16 at 7:30pm
This thread is locked
- INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks
- Incubation Cheat Sheet
- › White eye discharge 36 seconds ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 1 minute ago
- › Pheasant aging 1 minute ago
- › Male or Females 13 minutes ago
- › Just got a pair of Australorps and both look a bit worst for wares 16 minutes ago
- › African goose, male or female? 21 minutes ago
- › New Colours 25 minutes ago
- › Legal Elimination of Hawks and Owls 27 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 38 minutes ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 44 minutes ago
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.