BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Geese › Really cool barn pens for fowl
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Really cool barn pens for fowl

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
This is where Udder Chaos Farms just moved their fowl into for the night, thought I would share!! It's really cool and beautiful! If you're on Facebook I suggest you follow them!





R.I.P. Pear, you'll always be in my heart. Fly over that rainbow bridge for me.
Reply
R.I.P. Pear, you'll always be in my heart. Fly over that rainbow bridge for me.
Reply
post #2 of 8

That's similar to how I have my breeding pens for my chickens.  I used plastic garden fence for the sides since I could just staple it up.  Also I raised the doors up enough for the chickens and ducks to get under.  I have a board for each pen that I screw in the bottom when I'm using them in the summer for separating the breeders and I take the board off in the winter so everyone can come and go as they please.  Works out really well.  You can see what I'm talking about with the board below:

 

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubletakeFarm View Post

That's similar to how I have my breeding pens for my chickens.  I used plastic garden fence for the sides since I could just staple it up.  Also I raised the doors up enough for the chickens and ducks to get under.  I have a board for each pen that I screw in the bottom when I'm using them in the summer for separating the breeders and I take the board off in the winter so everyone can come and go as they please.  Works out really well.  You can see what I'm talking about with the board below:



Really cool! I have a lot of pictures saved of all the kinds of ideas I want to do if I ever move to a place with a barn, can I save that?
R.I.P. Pear, you'll always be in my heart. Fly over that rainbow bridge for me.
Reply
R.I.P. Pear, you'll always be in my heart. Fly over that rainbow bridge for me.
Reply
post #4 of 8

Absolutely!  I got the idea from someone else's pic here on BYC, Lol.

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubletakeFarm View Post
 

That's similar to how I have my breeding pens for my chickens.  I used plastic garden fence for the sides since I could just staple it up.  Also I raised the doors up enough for the chickens and ducks to get under.  I have a board for each pen that I screw in the bottom when I'm using them in the summer for separating the breeders and I take the board off in the winter so everyone can come and go as they please.  Works out really well.  You can see what I'm talking about with the board below:

 

@DoubletakeFarm   that is some very nice work. 

 Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish,  and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..

 

http://www.faithpot.com/you-cover-me/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email...

Reply

 Western N.C ~ 17 chickens= EE's, Game, variety of bantams,1Light Brahma, 2 Black Australorps . 5 Muscovy ducks, 8 Indian Runners and 2 Buff Orpington Ducks, 1 Embden gander,1 Toulouse goose , 3 mini Dachshunds, 2 mixed breed, pond goldfish,  and a wonderful Husband who makes it all possible..

 

http://www.faithpot.com/you-cover-me/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email...

Reply
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubletakeFarm View Post

Absolutely!  I got the idea from someone else's pic here on BYC, Lol.

Thank you!
R.I.P. Pear, you'll always be in my heart. Fly over that rainbow bridge for me.
Reply
R.I.P. Pear, you'll always be in my heart. Fly over that rainbow bridge for me.
Reply
post #7 of 8

 The white wall, and  new boards (they might want to  seal them)....won't be that color for long:lau Ducks have "Squirt-poo" !. Looks like they are using  sand , not a bad idea, but it is so gray, hope it isn't toxic....since they will eat some. Also notice no waterpans....which would  'discolor the  walls pretty quick ,as they fling it  everywhere:pop... but I know how nasty mine can get overnight on  rubber mats and  river rock.... I hose mine daily or  EOD, and it  is on a slope, which helps.

    It does look  lovely, all new and shiny....:love

Mom to:  2  Arabians, a donkey,a Rat terrier, a jack Russel terrier ,a cat. Purebred Penciled, & Gray   Runner ducks,White Breasted Dusky Dutch Hookbill Ducks, Saxony Ducks and Mini-Silkie Ducks: Mini Shetland Geese, Brown Super Africans.
Reply
Mom to:  2  Arabians, a donkey,a Rat terrier, a jack Russel terrier ,a cat. Purebred Penciled, & Gray   Runner ducks,White Breasted Dusky Dutch Hookbill Ducks, Saxony Ducks and Mini-Silkie Ducks: Mini Shetland Geese, Brown Super Africans.
Reply
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mominoz View Post

 The white wall, and  new boards (they might want to  seal them)....won't be that color for long:lau Ducks have "Squirt-poo" !. Looks like they are using  sand , not a bad idea, but it is so gray, hope it isn't toxic....since they will eat some. Also notice no waterpans....which would  'discolor the  walls pretty quick ,as they fling it  everywhere:pop ... but I know how nasty mine can get overnight on  rubber mats and  river rock.... I hose mine daily or  EOD, and it  is on a slope, which helps.
    It does look  lovely, all new and shiny....love.gif

Oh yes I hope by the time I have my own house they invent something that duck and goose poop won't stain..!
R.I.P. Pear, you'll always be in my heart. Fly over that rainbow bridge for me.
Reply
R.I.P. Pear, you'll always be in my heart. Fly over that rainbow bridge for me.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Geese
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Geese › Really cool barn pens for fowl