BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar) › Yellow Golden Pheasants with a newbie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yellow Golden Pheasants with a newbie

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone this is my first time with Yellow golden pheasants have hatched something like a ring neck before but I am going to be breeding and raising these so follow me as I learn. Adventure started Wednesday April 20th I got 14 eggs shipped to me from someone on eBay upon arrival 1 was busted and one was contaminated lightly so I wiped it off really well and waited about 12 hours and popped them in my Incuview XL cabinet incubator tomorrow night is first candle and I am extremely excited. Any helpful comments welcome.

Chickens~Rhodebars, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma and a lot of barnyard mutts.
Ducks~Muscovy      Geese~ Toulouse, Brown Chinese, White chinese
Turkeys~  Royal Palm

Endless chicken eggs hatching year round

 Also raise GMO Free pastured broilers

Reply

Chickens~Rhodebars, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma and a lot of barnyard mutts.
Ducks~Muscovy      Geese~ Toulouse, Brown Chinese, White chinese
Turkeys~  Royal Palm

Endless chicken eggs hatching year round

 Also raise GMO Free pastured broilers

Reply
post #2 of 6
I tried candling pheasants and I couldn't see anything at all my ducks I can see very clearly what's going on idk maybe they're to little or to dark but good luck I'm sure ur excited
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperduck View Post

I tried candling pheasants and I couldn't see anything at all my ducks I can see very clearly what's going on idk maybe they're to little or to dark but good luck I'm sure ur excited
I candled mine and I can see pretty well will try to post pics tonight. 10 of 14 are developing even though some had pretty bad aircells. Yes very excited!!

Chickens~Rhodebars, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma and a lot of barnyard mutts.
Ducks~Muscovy      Geese~ Toulouse, Brown Chinese, White chinese
Turkeys~  Royal Palm

Endless chicken eggs hatching year round

 Also raise GMO Free pastured broilers

Reply

Chickens~Rhodebars, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma and a lot of barnyard mutts.
Ducks~Muscovy      Geese~ Toulouse, Brown Chinese, White chinese
Turkeys~  Royal Palm

Endless chicken eggs hatching year round

 Also raise GMO Free pastured broilers

Reply
post #4 of 6
What are you using to candle them with maybe my flashlight isn't the ticket,congrats on the live eggs
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwlpoultry View Post

Hi everyone this is my first time with Yellow golden pheasants have hatched something like a ring neck before but I am going to be breeding and raising these so follow me as I learn. Adventure started Wednesday April 20th I got 14 eggs shipped to me from someone on eBay upon arrival 1 was busted and one was contaminated lightly so I wiped it off really well and waited about 12 hours and popped them in my Incuview XL cabinet incubator tomorrow night is first candle and I am extremely excited. Any helpful comments welcome.
Congrat's on jumping on the pheasant addiction train, lol. From the list of your other livestock, im sure you know how to incubate. I've found out that I have the best results with temp at 99.5 and humidity between 45 to 50% during incubation but your environmental conditions may varie ie; elevation, area of country your in.
With goldens, i move them to the hatcher on day 20. I leave them in the hatcher, after hatching for 12 to 24 hours. I then move them to the brooder, provide feed and water(i use Nutri drench in their water) for the first couple of days, you can use other probiotics or electrolyes as you choose. Everyone does it a little different, so do what works for you. Good Luck
Sean in TX Raising/breeding: Red golden, Yellow golden, Lady Amherst, Elliot, Bianchi, Versicolor, Reeves, Ijima Copper, Green melanistic, Kansas ring-necked, Kirghiz(Mongolian), Southern Caucasus(Black necked), Corsica Red Legged partridge, Greater prairie chickens, Blue quail, Gamble quail.
Reply
Sean in TX Raising/breeding: Red golden, Yellow golden, Lady Amherst, Elliot, Bianchi, Versicolor, Reeves, Ijima Copper, Green melanistic, Kansas ring-necked, Kirghiz(Mongolian), Southern Caucasus(Black necked), Corsica Red Legged partridge, Greater prairie chickens, Blue quail, Gamble quail.
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperduck View Post

What are you using to candle them with maybe my flashlight isn't the ticket,congrats on the live eggs
It is a little flashlight from Walmart that was $1.00 with a rubber tip I got off another cadler that didn't work.

Chickens~Rhodebars, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma and a lot of barnyard mutts.
Ducks~Muscovy      Geese~ Toulouse, Brown Chinese, White chinese
Turkeys~  Royal Palm

Endless chicken eggs hatching year round

 Also raise GMO Free pastured broilers

Reply

Chickens~Rhodebars, Lavender Orpington, Light Brahma and a lot of barnyard mutts.
Ducks~Muscovy      Geese~ Toulouse, Brown Chinese, White chinese
Turkeys~  Royal Palm

Endless chicken eggs hatching year round

 Also raise GMO Free pastured broilers

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar) › Yellow Golden Pheasants with a newbie