What would a Lady Amherst's X Yellow Golden Pheasant Hybrid look like?

Since I was 9, I'm 62. I first started with Conturix quail at age 7. I've raised/bred just about every bird you can think of...at one time or the other! ;)
That's kind of epic. I started with Coturnix quail at age 7 too!

Also, do you just sell your birds in your area, or do you ship?

@007Sean might be an obvious answer here but where is local for you? Also looking for a couple red golden females to go with my male is why I ask.

San A
@007Sean might be an obvious answer here but where is local for you? Also looking for a couple red golden females to go with my male is why I ask.
Local for me is San Antonio, Texas area.
I don't have anything other than 2- 2 yearold yellow golden males and 2 juvenile yellow golden males at this time.

Yellow goldens are a regular recessive mutation of the golden pheasant. In order for it to be expressed it needs to receive one copy of the yellow gene from both parents. Since Amhersts do not have any mutations a yellow golden bred to a amherst would default to the species wild coloration in the hybrid offspring.
Since I got a tag on this thread, I re-read it. Then I remember seeing that there are some mutations of Lady Amherst. One person in France and another in Asia has these mutations. They could be color variations as well.
images.jpg

Z(2).jpg

Z(3).jpg

9k=.jpg

700.jpg

Oh Lawdy! The mutation with that ash/soot colored belly is crazy. the black really sets off the undercarriage of the tail.
Yep, I haven't decided whether or not I like that color....but it is different.
Along time ago, I was trying to breed for the dilute or a yellow colored Amherst but it just doesn't work with the genetics.
The dark colored hen, reminds me of a melanistic hen, in coloration.

Back
Top Bottom