Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- What breed for in town? Last post on 9/7/16 at 8:25pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What's my pretty boy? Last post on 6/29/16 at 12:09pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- KUMMER POULTRY FARM: Any Experiences? Last post on 11/27/11 at 10:28am in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Breeds for REALLY DARK brown eggs? Last post on 11/15/15 at 1:14pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Hatching Dark EggsLast edited: 3/30/13
- Tls Ranch BarneveldersLast edited: 11/20/12
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- project-2Last edited: 6/6/11
My Svart Hona are among my favorite birds. They always come over to interact or see what's happening when I go to the coop/run and neither the hens or roosters have shown anything but the best...
I have 23 Rhode Island Reds right now, I have 11 hens 1 rooster, and 11 in the brooder. I got my first Rhode Island Red over a year ago, and she has laid almost every day sense I have had her,...
I picked two of these up at Tractor Supply about six months ago. I should note that I have nesting boxes in the coop already, but I wanted to change things up so that it was easier to clean and...
Barred Rocks are great birds and I just love them. I have two called Marble and Oreo. Oreo is kind of shy and I'm pretty much the only person who can touch her. Marble is just a baby and loves to...
I bought a handful (or in some cases more) chicks of about 12 breeds this year to compare. I concentrated on dual purpose breeds that are known for being very good meat birds, cold hearty and non...
Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed - Page 511
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #5102 of 51585/2/16 at 12:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by wildchickenmom
Trying to sort out if I have a couple Barnevelders mixed in with my Bielefelders. Does anyone recognize these chickens? TIA!
The bottom photo looks like it may be a Bielefelder, but the other chicks don't look like Barnevelders or Bielefelders. If all the chicks pictured came from the same hatch, I would doubt the purity of any of them.Busy working on creating a Double Silver Laced bird with a Wyandotte build and high egg production while loving my assortment of laying hens, cats, and mountain views!Busy working on creating a Double Silver Laced bird with a Wyandotte build and high egg production while loving my assortment of laying hens, cats, and mountain views!post #5103 of 51585/2/16 at 2:47pmpost #5104 of 51585/7/16 at 10:36am
I agree; the bottom pic strongly appears to be a Bielefelder roo; the others don't grab me either way. It's tough to try to figure out what mix a particular chicken (especially chicks) might be, so unless you're certain what the breeder had in a given pen, you're kinda up that proverbial creek.
I'm getting started trying to establish my own line of black double-laced Barnevelders continuing with Johan's line from a closed flock. Kinda hard to find, though, especially avoiding dilution. If any of you know of a breeder with closed flocks who can ship chix or eggs, I'd appreciate a heads-up . I'll probably start a new thread in the next day or two looking for them.
Dennispost #5105 of 51586/11/16 at 7:52ampost #5106 of 51586/13/16 at 12:32pmpost #5107 of 51586/14/16 at 5:08pmpost #5108 of 51586/14/16 at 5:08pmpost #5109 of 51586/18/16 at 1:38pm
- Hatching Dark Eggs
- › Homeschooling - SUPPORT GROUP 18 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 23 seconds ago
- › The 2nd Rate the avatar of the person above you! 51 seconds ago
- › Daughter broke up with boyfriend and I'm the one depressed! 1 minute ago
- › *Hidden Nature* A Shapeshifting RP 1 minute ago
- › Crochet "Chat" 1 minute ago
- › New Member in Ohio 2 minutes ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 2 minutes ago
- › ~Handsomest Drake Contest!~ 3 minutes ago
- › Are these roos or hens 3 minutes ago
- › Svart Hona by 0wen
- › Rhode Island by stormyhorses98
- › Plastic Nesting Box by Bocktobery 10
- › Barred Rock by HappyClucker7
- › Delaware by jake and pippa
- › Speckled Sussex by PrettySpeckleds
- › Add-A-Motor D20 Chicken Coop Motor by coophead
- › Easter Eggers by lonniedeohio
- › Brahma by CrowHollowFarm
- › Bielefelder by CrowHollowFarm