Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Water freeze Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:44pm in Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance
- Heated Waterer.... anyone using this product? Last post on 8/2/13 at 4:46pm in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- winter watering Last post on 9/19/11 at 8:12am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- Electricity questions- Will they be ok without a lightbulb? Last post on 9/30/13 at 2:39am in Managing Your Flock
- Help with waterer Last post on 5/26/10 at 4:57am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps - Page 3259
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickens
post #32582 of 38410
10/25/15 at 8:19pm
post #32583 of 38410
10/25/15 at 8:23pm
We have 3 cooco marans, 3 golden sexlink, 2 motled houdan, 1 gold laced wyandotte rooster & 4 white 7 week old mystery chicks. The mystery chicks were supposed to be delawares. They aren't; not a spot of black. Could be white rock. I'll know in another month, hopefully. Are not cornish x; only 20oz.
Edited by Elaine Wright - 10/25/15 at 8:24pm
Edited by Elaine Wright - 10/25/15 at 8:24pm
post #32584 of 38410
10/25/15 at 8:24pm
post #32585 of 38410
10/25/15 at 8:29pm
post #32586 of 38410
10/25/15 at 10:49pm
I'm new to chickens this year - have a mixed flock of 6 month olds (blue cochin, barred rock, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 EE's) and one 3 month old mystery chick. I have a few heritage turkeys as well . My girls are just starting to give me eggs - and it's been tons of fun to see what's in the nest boxes every day!
justdishy - congrats on the first egg! I'm sure you'll have lots more soon....
post #32587 of 38410
10/25/15 at 10:56pm
So where did you all get your chicks from? I got mine from My Pet Chicken. I'd like to buy locally next time.
post #32588 of 38410
10/25/15 at 11:15pm
I have Lavender, silver laced, gold laced and black Orps, Barbezieux, serama, cream legbars, ameraucana, and isbars.
post #32589 of 38410
10/25/15 at 11:29pm
I got my original set from the Rathdrum feed store, I got a few off craigslist which included a rooster and now I will make my own or maybe order from fellow backyard chickens members.
post #32590 of 38410
10/25/15 at 11:33pm
Currently, there are 1767 Active Users (194 Members and 1573 Guests)
- › PUMPKIN CARVING Contest- Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts,... 19 seconds ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 28 seconds ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 40 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 42 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 42 seconds ago
- › Two hens suddenly roosting in the run at night. 55 seconds ago
- › Funny/Sad/Happy stories of your chickens 1 minute ago
- › FOWL Pumpkin Eating Photo Contest! Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/... 1 minute ago
- › My Pet Chicken Ghoulish Giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 1 minute ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms