➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Piper the pupper .. 7 months:
20180409_184158.jpg

View attachment 1338230Ayam Cemanis and Silkies both have black meat I think.:)

Yes, Ayam Cemanis that's him, the ninja chicken. Thank you

So do Svart Hona. They are slightly larger then both Silkies and Ayam Cemanis.

There is also the Black H'Mong. I had to look that one up. I thought there was one more. They are Fibromelanosis.
http://m.nautil.us/blog/inside-the-goth-chicken-black-bones-black-muscle--a-black-heart

I have sooo got to get some of them!!! Which are best in the Pacific North West? We have 2 seasons: Winter and construction. Hardly any humidity at all and are at about 7,000 feet above sea level. Ik sometimes those things matter with different breeds. I also understand local is best. But I can tell my chicken guy I want some. Can you imagine serving the black meat to kids?! :eek::barnie

I must do this!!! Seriously, but hella funny!!! :gig:lau:gig:yesss:

I've never washed my eggs pre-incubation. If there is some visible crud on them, I'll wipe it off with a clean paper towel.
The hen leaves a bloom on her eggs as they pass thru the oviduct which is a natural protection against bacteria. When you wash the egg, the bloom is removed. I don't wash eggs for incubating. A fresh nest helps keep the eggs clean. To remove "dirt" I will use a soft brush or a dry scrub cloth. I spritz with a 5% Gold Listerine solution and allow the eggs to air dry. Then they go in the incubator.

Does anybody spot what I do in this photo?
:celebrateView attachment 1338058

I might be searching pictures of the Asian grocery stores online.
When were these eggs delivered to the store?

I think that is that all black ninja looking chicken.
How can anyone eat adorable silkies? :rolleyes::confused::barnie
They were created to enjoy, eye candy, amusing and not on a dinner plate!:eek: :smack
:loveMy white siklie chicken pic of Lily, who passed over rainbow-bridge in winter 2016 from old age. :hitShe started my pet house chicken back in November 2013 when I adopted her from a chicken rescue lady. Then 2014 hatched Serama eggs and Millie Cochin Bantam eggs. Then she adopted them and raised them as her own. She was well pampered.
I miss her so much...:( As in her picture on my profile, I keep it in remembrance of her, she was a classy matriarch. With headdress and full fluffy buttiness... :D

Back
Top Bottom