➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Just to be clear are you saying that humidity possibly had something to do with embryos dying at such an early stage?
It is not as likely as other problems but humidity below 25%, getting into the single digits is similar to incubating at below 97F for temps. It is a zone of death and bad hatching. You can still get some to hatch but not that many
I'm not worried about the humidity right now. :idunno
I will bump it up for lockdown.

Experimenting with humidity would be to find the humidity that gives you the best hatch. That would be between 25% and 45%(I would not go below that and have used 30% as the low--works great for marans but not for dorkings for example)

Has anyone ever read a thread here on BYC, preferably one by someone who is currently an active member, that has put a humidity gauge under a real broody?

I have not searched for such a thing but am going to right now, just wanted to ask first.
Me me me! I'll try... I have a remote sensor so it's kinda large. I don't want to leave it under her but I'll do a reading for a few hours tomorrow.
And can you get the ambient r/h? - i'm guessing under broody will be just a bit higher bc live things put off moisture. Here in WI r/h was 97% in the cool of the morning and 44% now at 84°. :D

20180524_211539.jpg

I don't want to leave it too long. She's little and sitting on 8 eggs already. You can see her trying to tuck in under. LOL
This was about 5 min under her. It climbed steady then leveled out.
I'll do it again tomorrow and get coop temp too. I'll leave it longer but if she's not happy it goes.

View attachment 1403863
I don't want to leave it too long. She's little and sitting on 8 eggs already. You can see her trying to tuck in under. LOL
This was about 5 min under her. It climbed steady then leveled out.
I'll do it again tomorrow and get coop temp too. I'll leave it longer but if she's not happy it goes.
:love:bow

Back
Top Bottom