➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

They did such a good job at making them so subtle!

They really did![/QUOTE]

G'night. Im fighting sleep like a baby right now! Lord help me![/QUOTE]

I'm so tired and cold I think itll be easy lol the charger is on the other side of the bed so to use phone I gotta be out of the covers so I am frozen with the AC so gotta go get under covers lol plus I meant to sleep 2 hours ago :lau

They really did!

G'night. Im fighting sleep like a baby right now! Lord help me![/QUOTE]

I'm so tired and cold I think itll be easy lol the charger is on the other side of the bed so to use phone I gotta be out of the covers so I am frozen with the AC so gotta go get under covers lol plus I meant to sleep 2 hours ago :lau[/QUOTE]

Bless you! That's a good feeling. I'm an old lady (34 yrs to be exact) who decided to go back to school to be a stupid respiratory therapist and I go back to school to begin year 2 tomorrow. I'm dreading it bc it's just not fun, so I find myself awake. I'd much rather talk about chickens and act ridiculous than learn about lungs, lol!

@KDOGG331
E2BE0422-ADF5-4A78-A850-86A9D04AB6D8.jpeg

Found it :)

Haha that's awesome! Small world

While reading this keep in mind that I call my grandma Babu
Speaking of a small world, my grandma and I went to a local feed store and bought some chicks. We went inside and the lady asked for a number that she could send a feed chart to (even though it was not needed) so my grandma gave her her home phone number. I said, "Babu that's your home phone number!" The lady said,"Oh my gosh you're called Babu too!" She then explained that her grandkids called her Babu because they could not pronounce Abuela (Spanish for grandma). I call my grandma Babu because when I was little I could not say babushka (Russian for grandma). I mean when do you find someone with that uncommon of a name, called the name for the same reason, and who lives near you!

10 stripey stripe regular quail.
1 all yellow...maybe some gray
1 yellow with a stripey stripe
1 yellow with a more solid stripe

All
IMG_20180813_073126.jpg

Yellow kinda gray
IMG_20180813_073105.jpg
IMG_20180813_072412.jpg

More solid stripe left
Stripey stripe yellow on right.

Last edited:
Today's going to be a coffee day! I can already feel it. I got off work at five and cleaned out the coop before sunrise. I got the incubator, temp/hydro meter, and a candler in the mail. I set up the incubator but it smells suspiciously like burning plastic so I'm returning it. I found someone who's selling their incubators (2 diff types) with auto turners, but unless I want to drive way out of my way, I can go pick them up while they are in town today. At 10:30 a.m., plus I'm going into to work at 3:30 p.m. for another 10hr of overtime.:th
These birdies better hatch! Ah well, at least my candler is pretty. IMG_20180813_065851616.jpg
I tested it on a medium brown egg from the fridge. My eggs are being shipped today and will probably be here tomorrow!

Qual eggs are so pretty. I saw a pic of some on Pinterest someone had blown out and dyed different colors and put in a jar as decoration. They were all these bright colors but the spots still showed through. It looked so cool!
Instead of the hassle of trying to blow out such fragile eggs you can hard boil them and coat them in shellac. That's what I did back when I made pysanky (Ukrainian Easter eggs).
That's a really cool idea though. Even in their original colour they're beautiful eggs.

Back
Top Bottom